Agriculturial Land

I have a rough idea about some of the laws about not being able to live on land without planning permition but I have also been told there are way round this too. one thing I was told is if you have certain live stock on land that needs constant care you can live there but not on a perminent basis? another story I have been told is if you can live on some land for 4 years without being traced but can prove you have lived on there this amount of time, you can not then be evicted and can then apply for planning rights?

Agricultrial land can be picked up for arounf £6000 a acre around here, some land is set well away from Human Inhabitance and you could bang a Mobile home on and probably never be traced, lets just say a couple of acres was brought up and a Bore hole was knocked in for water, a generator could be used for most of the electricity although you could still run some electricty off the mains for personal use and not living use, your mail could be redirected and provideing what I have heard and you could stay out of harm for 4 years things could well be bang on, I'll be honest I would fancy it if there was a loop hole and save a average of £200,000 on a house in this days market! but its a big worry should I get evicted and lose everything.

Does anyone who is in the know have any info about this and the do's and dont's and loopholes?

Cheers

Jasper

Guest alastair

if council come round,just claim gypsy rights,say you now where else to go etc.someone will dob you in for sure.then put up a 10 ft fence round it,2 horse heads on piers,buy a tranny tipper,and shout ''get up thier dogs head'' at everyone. :D ...your not alone mate ive thought about trying it many times,have lived in static for 5 years and its not great.

It would be nice if this law applies this side of the border Craig;). I know what you're saying alastair! I'm sick of Neighbours and sick of the shit that comes with them, I havn't had really any complaints about aviaries up until last year but to be Honest I just want to move way out of it if possible! I'm not trying to be unsociable but I would just love to have my own space without any disturbance ;).

I couldn't give a arse if I lived in a tin shed just as long as we was happy with a bit of land to play with, I would house my aviaries on the site with the Hawks! weather this is a loop hole around the law having to stay on site to look after them I don't know :blink:....

A couple had a field for there horses and applied to put a house there which was knocked back now there living in a mobile home in the field How does that work???? .Im betting after they have the mobile home there 3/5 years they get permission to build a house there .

i think i am right in saying you will find its twelve years not five, my old man lives on his farm over in wales. he just got it sorted last year , he can now build a single storey dwelling, but only the same size as the static hes been hiding away in or some such BS. Anyway its fu...ng stupid anyway this pr..k blair is letting half of the dross of europe in here and we were already overcrowded ,theres not enough housing, but funny isnt it were not allowed to do this, and yet not a mile from me is a fu...ng diddy with about ten acres full up to overspill with poles living in squallor in two berth caravans, hundreds of them but thats fine by the local labour council. we worked it out the other day this gypo is raking about half a million a year in rent alone, bet he pays tax (not). and whats happening to the indiginous former workers , oh there being given handouts to stay at home and breed. Wheres it all going to end, no government will ever have the balls to stand up and say enough is enough, nomore sponging, no more immigrants, because if they outlined this as there policy they would not get voted in. how fuc..d up is that. sorry i get a bit emotional sometimes. :icon_redface: : :no:

Guest The Big Fish

Mole trapper, i thought that the 12 year rule applied to land that was unclamed, i.e if a piece of land appeared to be vacant with no obvious owner and you pitched your tent on it and lived there for 12 years unchallenged, then you can claim rights to this land through the land registry.

I think that the 4 year rule is, if you build a house or extension to a house, or conservatory etc without planning permission, if no one notices it or complains about it, then after 4 years you do not need to have planning permission.

I might be completly fecking wrong though :laugh:

I dont know the lengths of time but i think if you bought land and could not get planning permission, if you stayed there in a static with toilet (I think the toilet has something to do with it :blink: ) For a certain length of time they had to allow you certain planning permission....im probs completely wrong also :laugh:

MOLL.

in the uk, if you put up a building & its there for 4 years & you can prove it, it can stay up. i think you still might have to get some kind of retrospective planning though. my landlord is going through it at the mo with my place. he built it to replace a static 4 years ago, and no ones whinged yet, so it's still there. prat thinks he's gonna sell it, £100,000 for what is basically a glorified shed, with no central heating? f**k i pissed myself when he told me!

i have a friend who lives nigh a mile down a track, he's a builder and put up his own place. lived in a static for a while, then boarded over it, extended it, put a veranda round it... nice little log cabin on an acre now. council got wind of it & kept hassling to make him pull it down, but they gave up. he told them the site was a plant nursery! only plants i've ever seen there was the hedge, the grass, and a couple of bits of bamboo out the front....

it makes me so :censored::censored::censored::censored: angry, that i can't buy a house, and all i want to do is buy a couple of acres, knock up some kind of accomodation, keep a few hens, pigs, goats... but the council would never let me. i could get pregnant and tell 'em i'm homeless, they'd fall over themselves to give me a place, but i can't just look after myself & do it my way. wouldn't be hurting anyone, wouldn't be an eyesore, wouldn't be in the way... they build 4 bedroom houses round here, 12 to the acre, no garden & all you can see is next door's outta the window... :censored::censored::censored:

60 million people, 60 million acres... i want my share! John Seymour said that everyone who wants a bit of land to live the good life on, should be allowed to have it, and do what they want on it, as they see best. i'm all for that.

good luck, whatever you decide to do. don't let the b*****ds grind you down, be smart & stay one step ahead of the bloody council!

Cheers all for the replies and the website has been pretty handy Mick :victory:.

This is something that been on my mind for a while now and something I want to go ahead with some day in the near future. I know a lad who has brought up 6 acres and plonked a place he built himself away in the far corner sheltered by trees! the place looks like a large storage unit from the outside and well camoflaged from any near by roads! he threw alot of money as this project includeing a Bore Hole dug out and connected to the mains plus a bloody great Generator he can fire up from thre house with a press of a button and lots more.

He's not dug a pit which has some young Carp growing nicely and a few chickens in a run, the whole place is pure bliss! no neighbours! no hassle! just a perfect laid back lifestyle which I want a peice off, He's took a big calculated risk without looking into any loopholes to bail him out should he need it in the future, this is the difference between me and him is he has no kids to worry about and I have a whole lot of responsibility with two you children.

This is one of the reasons I need to get the full run down before I take anything on like this, I need to be able to cover my arse and avoid any eviction should I ever get backed into a corner by any authorities, Basically I need a good reason that I'm living on site that stays within the law either by a loophole round it or in a gennuine legal way.

I have been born and bred here in Tractor country Norfolk and have considered leaving if a oportunity came up somewhere else, the thing is I know the area and at the moment can pracitice all the field sports I want without any crap from joe public, having said that I have now seen that the Govenment are planning on building 500,000 houses in the area by 2021 :icon_eek:, what a f*****g nightmare.....

Jasper

Cheers all for the replies and the website has been pretty handy Mick :victory:.

This is something that been on my mind for a while now and something I want to go ahead with some day in the near future. I know a lad who has brought up 6 acres and plonked a place he built himself away in the far corner sheltered by trees! the place looks like a large storage unit from the outside and well camoflaged from any near by roads! he threw alot of money as this project includeing a Bore Hole dug out and connected to the mains plus a bloody great Generator he can fire up from thre house with a press of a button and lots more.

He's not dug a pit which has some young Carp growing nicely and a few chickens in a run, the whole place is pure bliss! no neighbours! no hassle! just a perfect laid back lifestyle which I want a peice off, He's took a big calculated risk without looking into any loopholes to bail him out should he need it in the future, this is the difference between me and him is he has no kids to worry about and I have a whole lot of responsibility with two you children.

This is one of the reasons I need to get the full run down before I take anything on like this, I need to be able to cover my arse and avoid any eviction should I ever get backed into a corner by any authorities, Basically I need a good reason that I'm living on site that stays within the law either by a loophole round it or in a gennuine legal way.

I have been born and bred here in Tractor country Norfolk and have considered leaving if a oportunity came up somewhere else, the thing is I know the area and at the moment can pracitice all the field sports I want without any crap from joe public, having said that I have now seen that the Govenment are planning on building 500,000 houses in the area by 2021 :icon_eek:, what a f*****g nightmare.....

Jasper

i looked into this about 18 years ago and anyone who looks at this route will come across the name gladwish he found a loophole that says he can sell agricultural land as freehold land but theres the rub he can sell it but you can only apply for planning permission ,hes made milllions off unsuspecting buyers,a friend of mine bought 1/3 of an acre in ninfield east sussex from him he put a static caravan on it bought some goats chained up his pitbulls and was happy ,others moved on to the rest of the surrounding plots,before he knew it there were new age travellers ,pikeys,and oddballs attracting loads of attention,it took the local council about 3 years but they evicted every one of them,the thing that pisses me off is that in most of the rest of europe there wouldnt be a problem if you bought a piece of land and put a static on it and just lived there this government only adopts the laws it feels like.

Jasper

another norfolker! which council are you under? some are a lot more leniant about that kind of thing than others. i live in breckland, and it's not too hard to get away with it, as long as you have no near neigbours, or the ones you do have, you keep sweet!