spring airguns

richi

The pro sport is really light at the front mate, alot of people have problems with this,try the three out that you have your mind set on and see how you like them....personally the best two are the HW97K and the TX200 ..the TX is better out the box but IMHO the weihrauchs tune better and are built better (ze german) engineering...The TX may shoot better for you in beech too as the extra weight helps to absorb the recoil rather than a light walnut stock :thumbs-up:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

The Lightening ~ as stated above, and repeated ad nauseum in any review site ye care to look at ~ is the Pesters Rifle Supreme. That's why I bought one myself ;)

That newer model that's caught ye eye? Well ..... Do ye want to slip into a building and do a job, discreetly and efficiently, with the perfect tool? Or do ye want the staff to gather round and gasp as ye uncase a Mr S.A.S show piece?

Personally, I found I could manage perfectly well with just an excellent rifle. The bit of chequering pleased me and made her pretty enough. I was discussing 'Stainless Steel Barrels and Black Synthetic Furnishings' only tonight. No one seemed to think they were any more accurate for all that gloss.

Save the extra, mate. Buy some more practical tools with the savings ;)

But, for a Pester? The rifle of choice: BSA Lightening :good:

Had a HW95 today, haven't finished the zero stuff yet, but not far off. Must say, very impressive, it has come from a good home (mole catcher, top man to deal with B) ) and is .22.

IMHO you'll not go far wrong with a Weihrauch, this one is fairly quiet and feel it will make an excellent all-rounder............Al :victory:

Edited by mad al
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a webley exocet xs for a couple of years now and its a cracking gun.

Its cheap ,reliable, light and full power, Ive had hundreds of rabbits with it.

Tried a couple of precharged rifles , just bought a BSA ultra , but still go back

to the exocet.

Tx is the better gun out of the box.You will need to get the 97 tuned to be on par with the TX.To keep the power under 12ft/lb on the 97 they just lob a bit off the end of the spring when they are imported over here.Doesnt do the actions of the 97 any good this practice.