Leg protectors

I only have a small bit of permission. There's a few rabbits and a field with no rabbits but I saw a hare in(yes I know very very rare in Cornwall).

Basically legallity aside I don't want hare as I specifically require rabbits and nothing else.

The bits of land that have rabbits are quite rough with a few brambles on the ground etc and I don't fancy stapling/stitching/gluing my dogs legs every time we go out.

Is it possible I could carefully wrap something around the dogs legs for protection kind of like they do for horses? I know it might slow him down but thats really a non issue and keeping him healthy is far more important. I just don't want the wrappings to cause an injury.

If I can't find a solution I will just have to buy an air rifle :thumbdown:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

leave the lad alone folks, he's asked a silly question but no need for the abuse towards him or his dog, he obviously cares about the welfare of his dog which can only be a good thing for us dogmen wi

Get better ground or poach is the option

if youre worried about youre dog scratching itself on brambles you might want to consider another hobby other than running a dog as every time you slip youre dog could possibly be the last,working dog

I only have a small bit of permission. There's a few rabbits and a field with no rabbits but I saw a hare in(yes I know very very rare in Cornwall).

Basically legallity aside I don't want hare as I specifically require rabbits and nothing else.

The bits of land that have rabbits are quite rough with a few brambles on the ground etc and I don't fancy stapling/stitching/gluing my dogs legs every time we go out.

Is it possible I could carefully wrap something around the dogs legs for protection kind of like they do for horses? I know it might slow him down but thats really a non issue and keeping him healthy is far more important. I just don't want the wrappings to cause an injury.

They must be pretty serious brambles if you think you'll need to staple stich or glue!

if youre worried about youre dog scratching itself on brambles you might want to consider another hobby other than running a dog as every time you slip youre dog could possibly be the last,working dogs get cuts and scratches you cant wrap them in cotton wool or leg protectors

• Like 1

Go round on a day time and move any shit out the way! and take the dog all the time in day time so the dog knows the land!

But shit happens

Thanks,

I cleared what I could already and he has a mooch there during the day most days. Just a bit annoyed he ripped his leg open on the first outing. I said brambles as they are visible but didn't actually see what he ripped his leg on its. Might have just been unlucky but don't like seeing them injured.

well lad go to your local sports shop.when you get there buy a pair of shin gaurds.when you get home hit yourself over the head with them as hard as you can ok lad.

pack in the dogs lad because you have no business keeping them.

well lad go to your local sports shop.when you get there buy a pair of shin gaurds.when you get home hit yourself over the head with them as hard as you can ok lad.

pack in the dogs lad because you have no business keeping them.

Because I don't want them to be injured? The less a dog is injured the more often it can be run that makes sense even to idiots like you that don't give a shite about their animals.

If someone taking up motorcycle racing 50 years ago had asked if there was a way to protect their head would that have been silly?

I asked a question the simple answer would be either yes get this or no just be more careful. No wonder people that want to take up hunting get put off. My question may have been stupid but if you don't ask you don't know. That is how most people try to learn by researching then asking a question if they can't find the answer.

When I used to teach we always told our students there is no such thing as a stupid question as laughing or ridiculing people for asking questions stops them asking ever again. That breeds a population of uneducated idiots. Thanks for proving that.

Edited by scalesntails