dug a fox with a fence post

was out saturday looking for a mates couples he had left the week before at some burrows we where at.

no couples at the first place so of to the next spot, just along the river bank and through the gate and up to the right.after going through the gate and up the bank to the burrow i realise i'm missing the terrier and the hound.had the bellman collar switched on as the terrier was running loose so soon found where he was at, about 40 meters away.

When i got there the terrier was trying to squeeze into a rabbit hole and was digging franticly .the hound had found another hole in some briars and was marking well.

I put the terrier in where the hound was marking as i seamed a bigger entrance and the dog disappeared straight away.He was to the fox in minutes and into grips.so now i have a problem,as i was only looking for the couples and had been to this spot last week i wasn't expecting anything so left the spade in the van.

started to look for the terrier but knew it wasn't deep as i could hear him clearly through the ground.got a mark with the bellman and it said 0.5 of a meter so disided to look for something to dig him out with and found and electric fence running along the river with lenghts of 3x3 as posts.found a loose one and started to make a hole with it and was soon down on top of the dog.i could see the dog had a firm grip of the fox so was able to clear around him with my hands to free him.got a clear view of the fox and dispatched him humanly ;) before letting the lurcher draw him.gave them all a shake of the dead fox as i backfilled.

still haven't found the couples though,theres always next week i suppose

image0264bt.jpg

image0274lo.jpg

image0280mu.jpg

image0296ub.jpg

image0317rd.jpg