What is the Best lamp for foxing?

Hi guys i want to upgrade my lamp ive been using my old lazer light which was fine for my rim fires.Ive also been using it with my 223 for the last 6 months and it has been sound with the shorter ranges but them that stay on the edge of caution which are shootable but the lamp with the filter is not bright enough and the spot it to wide spread. I just want to light up charlie not tin whole field.. What do You advise. I been told the light force is good.? But unsure. Thanks

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

Yes they are great lamps. personally I prefer the blitz more penetrating, tighter dot when set right for making out body shape in cover to take the long shot. all the blitz range are great lamps. A lot complain about the wiring but it's not that bad and it's simple to rewire them if needed. A dimmer switch is very handy if not essential so is a good battery. :thumbs:

I use the 170 sriker just right for on top the gun good spot of light even with the red filter on, I didnt know lightforce did the blitz as a rifle mounted option, also get yourself a good fresh battery makes all the difference to brightness and burntime

If you've got someone else to hold the lamp blitz! :whistling:

Dont you find the 170 scope mounted a bit on the large side? I've only tried the 140 scope mounted which was ok but I didn't like how it fitted to the gun. It seemed to put to much pressure on the scope when I'd knock it.That was 15 years ago so the mount's probably a lot different now. I've mostly got someone holding the blitz for me to shoot and it's definately better than the hand held 170 or scope mounted 140 for longer shots and brighter with filters on. If Im out alone and mostly only shooting out a couple of hundred yards I've got a deben max pro which just snaps on to the scope. I like it because it's not to big and if I knock it,it just spins. It's got plenty of power with the white or orange or green filter but does go a bit dim on distance with the red. It does nothing to the zero, but the trouble is I changed my scope to a 30mm and they dont do a plastic snap on mount. :thumbdown: I now have to do the mounting ring loose as Im forever knocking it. Im just waiting until I loose the screws.

Do you guy's need to zero your rifles with the 170 mounted? What I remember of it I would have thought it would be a fair weight on the scope.

Edited by sako