Distance

you would be better asking the lads who do the rabbit lamping comps they would be more knowlegble as there were some champs in it lol or chumps , single hamded he cat alot of rabbs on fro he will tell you exactly mate down to the metre as he paces it out every chase lol

• Like 2

in my case each of my dogs are different the pup will only run 10/15 yds down at the moment my older dogs will run the hole beam but all situations are different and land 2 but a figure on it

Edited by rocky1
  • Like 1

slip the dog on them all, if it doesnt catch its getting fit and learning to turn quicker.

every run gets the dog fit and and more turning experience.

the more they miss the harder they try the next run.

i dont see it as a bad thing if dog doesnt catch. :thumbs:

:doh:

• Like 2

slip the dog on them all, if it doesnt catch its getting fit and learning to turn quicker.

:doh:

ur dog will soon get a pain in its bollox going lamping :wallbash:

And also makes yappers.

• Like 2

you would be better asking the lads who do the rabbit lamping comps they would be more knowlegble as there were some champs in it lol or chumps , single hamded he cat alot of rabbs on fro he will tell you exactly mate down to the metre as he paces it out every chase lol

Iam sure that must be a joke,,:blink: .

Hi lads just a quick question what's the maximum distance in yards you would let your dog have a run at rabbit genuine opions and a fair debate please l

if your dog knows his job , dont think there is a max distance,,if you can see it , he will find it in the beam,,alot of it will come down to experience of the both of you working together, the only problem with long shots are keeping the lamp on something you cant really see once the action gets going,,,reflective collar on the mutt can help, it will give you an indication of where the actions at,,

If you can get between your rabbits and safety iwouldnt mind slipping long.

The rabbit will be run back towards you :thumbs:

If you get one that goes away from the lamp i turn off and whistle back when the beam is no longer serving its purpose

I wouldnt walk rabbits up for them to run past me with the lamp up there arse showing them the way home ;)

Edited by Mick C.