PLUMMERS IN IRELAND

i'm sure a few do lad but they would at the summer shows trying to win a few ribbons and best of luck to them,but those plummer things are no good for work.

correct

Tinytiger

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=119962

yhats a nice dog. but it would be unfair to call it a full plummer. its a bull cross plummer i think. allthough it is a plummer type

i'm sure a few do lad but they would at the summer shows trying to win a few ribbons and best of luck to them,but those plummer things are no good for work.

correct

Tinytiger

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=119962

i think that lads dog have pit in them,it can make all the differance,pure plummers are not digging dogs.

Legion Outcross but not one of the APBT crosses

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/4555-plummer-terriers/page__view__findpost__p__1557655

try telling her that! I used an apbt stud only because i couldnt locate a full bred working plummer here in ireland,her previous litter were by a plummer(ballina flynn) and i wanted to try something different.The half siblings were put over each other and i have 4 month pups that nobody could distinguish from a fullbred plummer and are showing all the right signs.I didnt just use any pitbull-searched long and hard ,maybe looked at 20 different studs until i found the one i wanted.Ive had no problems with dog aggression/kennel fights and have had more than 1 to ground at once.

if you want to see the pups they are probably still on donedeal.ie(2 that ive left arent for sale though).My original plummer bitch was out of alegion bred bitch by a tricolour plummer bred by a Mr johnson from wales.I didnt get papers with her_the litter was born on christmas day '04 and bred by d o conner ,galway-maybe some of her siblings were registered , i would be very interested to know her full pedigree.I cant see how i am doing anything different to legion kennels-brian plummer wasnt the only person ever, to know a thing or 2 about genetics.

there is an old breeding axiom "twice in ,once out"- stonehenge mentions this in his greyhound book of the 1850s,it worked then and it still does(i could shite on all day about alleles/genes etc but i wont)

I dont claim my dogs are fullbred plummers.Ill post a pic of the two half sisters

There's quite a few - if there is a plummer class running at any of the shows - Mourne or West Meath - I am sure folk would turn up - I'd contact many of them myself :good:

there was a plummer class two years ago at the mourne but there wasnt any plummers

there will be one this year for them 15th may and ill hope for a few :whistling:

Guest dee mac

Legion Outcross but not one of the APBT crosses

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/4555-plummer-terriers/page__view__findpost__p__1557655

try telling her that! I used an apbt stud only because i couldnt locate a full bred working plummer here in ireland,her previous litter were by a plummer(ballina flynn) and i wanted to try something different.The half siblings were put over each other and i have 4 month pups that nobody could distinguish from a fullbred plummer and are showing all the right signs.I didnt just use any pitbull-searched long and hard ,maybe looked at 20 different studs until i found the one i wanted.Ive had no problems with dog aggression/kennel fights and have had more than 1 to ground at once.

if you want to see the pups they are probably still on donedeal.ie(2 that ive left arent for sale though).My original plummer bitch was out of alegion bred bitch by a tricolour plummer bred by a Mr johnson from wales.I didnt get papers with her_the litter was born on christmas day '04 and bred by d o conner ,galway-maybe some of her siblings were registered , i would be very interested to know her full pedigree.I cant see how i am doing anything different to legion kennels-brian plummer wasnt the only person ever, to know a thing or 2 about genetics.

there is an old breeding axiom "twice in ,once out"- stonehenge mentions this in his greyhound book of the 1850s,it worked then and it still does(i could shite on all day about alleles/genes etc but i wont)

I dont claim my dogs are fullbred plummers.Ill post a pic of the two half sisters

the last sentence of first paragraph is not what any serious digging person really wants too hear and probably why the plummer gets no serious thought when digging dogs are talked about yea you get the odd one that does a bit there the exception too the rule .