axsor.

paulk73

well managed to get rid of the webley axsor at the weekend. I had nothing but problems with it.i traded it in for a webley raider 10. i was pleasently surprised. it is very accurate.especially compared to the axsor. i went out on sunday morn, to have a look at a place that has had a bit of a squirrel problem. me and a mate had been the week before and had a few, but this was the first time out with the raider. on arriving i saw a squirrel sat 20 yrds away in a tree while i was still in the car park. this was in full view of the road and the general public, so was a non starter. i went through the gate, and round the the back of the big house, and something made me look into the big ivy covered tree. i hadnt seen any movement, but was drawn to this tree anyway. i had a quick scan up to the top of the ivy where the branches poke through, and thought i saw a little triangle shape that didnt quite look right. so i moved possition a bit and raised the rifle. i was right the little triangle turned out to be the ear of a squirrel that was doing its best to flatten itsself to the fork in a high branch. as i looked through the scope, there was twiggs in the way, and couldnt get a clear shot. so after a slight adjustment, i got a clear route through the twigs, and gentally squeezed the trigger. a fraction of a second latter i heard the satisfing thump of the pellet, hitting the spot, and the squirrel toppled backwards into the ivy. i followed its progress for a second as it fell through the greenery, but it stopped about 12 or 15 foot up the tree where the ivy is really thick. i then went and sat under a massive yew tree, and waited for any more to come out. but it looks like the previous weeks have begun to make inroads into the numbers. i saw 1 more before i left, but as made an attempt to get within shooting distance, it made its excusses and left in a hurry. nver mind it will be there for next time. sorry no piccies because the sqidge got caught up in the ivy :thumbs:

I bought my Axsor when they very first came out and despite it going back to Webley twice they couldn't fix the fact that it couldn't hold the charge (either when left unused or when fully charged and shooting straight away). Third time it went back I told them if they didn't fix it I'd be after a full refund (not fit for purpose), I also demanded that due to the hassle I'd like them to replace it with the new carbine version, they did loads of complaining but eventually gave me the carbine however used my walnut stock. Since then it's been a fabulous rifle! ;)