weirdest bolt ever for me ???

me and al set of this morning went to do two set i had left on sat as couldny do them myself so netted up about 20 holes nowt in the first set :thumbdown: second set three ferrets down few minutes later 1 bolts then closley followed by another 2 then another but it slipped the net with shite in the net stopping it pursing it ran into the set we had just done and backnetted itself but al was to slow to get to it and it was away :feck: then another 1 out of the set , nowt else at home sop ferrets back in the first set the rabbit took a bit of finding but eventualy bolted :doh:

GEDV0030.jpg

GEDV0029.jpg

so away to another bit of permission two fields first set now then got 1 in the next then a bit of hedge al was netting up as i had done my side with longnet and his long net too so netted a we 4 holer further up and went a walk along with the dog to check what else was along there a rabbit bolts back down the field on the other side dog never seen it :no: i went through the hedge and was walking back along when io seen one of the nets had gone down the hole so pulled it out and it was just hanging on by the back leg :laugh: then did the set 1 rabbit out bang right into the long net nowt else in . next set i had netted up ferret in then bang out came the peg [ninja] rabbit about a 2 ft in the air kicks the net of :hmm: closley followed by the dog and hits the longnet ;). next set netted up long net on the field side and a few purse nets on im on the rough side of the fence a few nets on two ferrets in then bang 1 bunny then a few mins later some thing moves the net just :hmm: i thought it was a rabbit another few mins later then a head pops out of the hole and goes back in an otter

the hole it came out of and went back in

GEDV0036.jpg

so ferrets out straight away left net up and went to next set 1 bolted then al says heres the fecking otter walking along the net :o must of been about 3.5ft long al said so it followed the net and i seen it coming through the hedge then it dissapeard :hmm: nearest river aboot 2 miles away and nearest burn about quater of a mile . then got another 1 out of the set there was another in but it kept evading the ferret ! net set on the banking about 16 holes ferrets in a rummble below my feet then bang out it comes waited 15 mins then nowt so find the ferret about 2 ft dig down and get another 1 then further along same again dug down could see the ferret working it

GEDV0041.jpg

could only get its tail but after a struggle got its leg pulled it out thought it was pregnant when gutted it had nowt in it ? it was the fattest rabbit ive ever seen :o

a normal one

GEDV0044.jpg

the super fat one must of been at least 2 inches round its kidneys

GEDV0043.jpg

a few more sets with nowt then last set got another 1 so called it a day 16 bunnys total and another good day had

GEDV0046.jpg

cheers auld yin :thumbs:

hey george ,its a good job that otter started walking up the field towards me and i saw it because i was thinking you were on some kind of illegal substance.Mind you the noise you were making when we went onto the next set it maybe thought there was an earthquake :whistling: Not that you've wintered well and a wee bit on the heavy side.LOL. :feck:

good rabbit and better still seeing abig water toat or otter , there about idf you no were lamped one one nite just watched him melling the wind as there was rabbits galore , and feild drains and dykes but no rivers , alot of oters will travel away from water at this time of year and late summer dont no if its mates territory or food but saw 2 well away from water good [bANNED TEXT] up and not a bad day ,