lets us see pics of hare dogs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok here goes. Is it just me or has the lurcher world been taken over by the trackies tucked into socks brigade just a bit too much I have worked and been around lurchers all my adult life and am be

Dont think your wrong as such good and bad in every one. what you have to remember is that the new generation of hunters are 10-30 yrs old, they dont do it now cos its illegal, theyve always done it

Cant believe what Im reading, what a load of sterotypical crap. Has anyone thought that this kid was taken by his dad and uncles years ago pre ban, and loves the sport. not his fault loadsa posh toffs

Posted Images

Ey up

OK I am going to stand corrected here and if I have offended Terrier then I apologise to him.

Can we move on from the tracksuit issue,

Am I wrong about the element of lurcher owners I am talking about. I hope so cause it seems to me that I am seeing more and more of them in the lurcher scene. Am I wrong about them being attracted to the lurcher scene because they see it as an illegal activity and not because it`s a sport ???.

For the record, I am not posh, love coursing and never got it banned. I just don`t like what I`m seeing in some areas with lurchers making the headlines for all the wrong reasons, .

ATB

no offence taken rake aboot..i know what your point is and there is alot of people out there taking advantage of the sport i agree with you on that but ive been a lurcher man with some time now and hope i always will be :):)

Top stuff......good to see a couple of grown up dog men that can air their veiws but listen to others.

Shame it wasn't a more regular thing on these pages.

Hat off to you both.

ATB

Edited by fensaluki

i think with alot of lads now not all but some its more a case of not drawing so much attention to themselves walking through the scheme cammoed up

nobody batters an eyelid if your walking a dog with a trackie on but if your cammoed up then every cnut knows or think they know what your up to

but i would have to agree with the bloke that said that cant remember exact words but basically there are undesirable lurcher owners walking about with their realtree just the same as there are undesirables in trackies

dont know about anybody else here but i dont know anybody who got into hunting or coursing just because its illegal

Ey up

OK I am going to stand corrected here and if I have offended Terrier then I apologise to him.

Am I wrong about the element of lurcher owners I am talking about. I hope so cause it seems to me that I am seeing more and more of them in the lurcher scene. Am I wrong about them being attracted to the lurcher scene because they see it as an illegal activity and not because it`s a sport ???.

For the record, I am not posh, love coursing and never got it banned. I just don`t like what I`m seeing in some areas with lurchers making the headlines for all the wrong reasons, .

ATB

no offence taken rake aboot..i know what your point is and there is alot of people out there taking advantage of the sport i agree with you on that but ive been a lurcher man with some time now and hope i always will be :):)

Top stuff......good to see a couple of grown up dog men that can air their veiws but listen to others.

Shame it wasn't a more regular thing on these pages.

Hat off to you both.

ATB

thanks fensaluki

probably wont get a lot of people posting mate seen as its illegal in the uk to run hares and its a dodgy one in northern ireland and ireland ... seen as the irish hare is protected and to try and prove that you was running brown hares and not irish ones is a difficult one ...

The Irish Hare is NOT protected...Contrary to what certain groups groups try and make you believe. Although it is on the agenda...There is no reason, just like the defeat of the proposed hunting with dogs ban, that it cant stay off the protected list.

Irish hares in Northern Ireland have been subject to annual temporary Special Protection Orders (SPOs) sinse 2004 which prohibit the killing or taking, or the sale or purchase of hares. they tried to make it a full time protection order in june or july but it got threw out , there was talk of lifting the temporary orders in september 2010 but it never happened

never judge a book by its coveri myself where my green flueroscent coat i stand out like a light bulb but never seem to get any interested partys , some of us make the use of what we have in the cloathing department and dont need tobe covered in real tree etc etc . No need to draw unnecesary attention to ones self. all the best folks bunnys

never judge a book by its coveri myself where my green flueroscent coat i stand out like a light bulb but never seem to get any interested partys , some of us make the use of what we have in the cloathing department and dont need tobe covered in real tree etc etc . No need to draw unnecesary attention to ones self. all the best folks bunnys

well said bunny..a ould fella that takes me hunting always wears his green flueroscent coat and he is happy on his day out

Ey up

ATB

Dont think your wrong as such good and bad in every one. what you have to remember is that the new generation of hunters are 10-30 yrs old, they dont do it now cos its illegal, theyve always done it but its not 'cool' to wear other stuff, i go coursing with young and old, some in tracksuits and trainers, some in full camo, some in shirt and tie, takes all sorts, but as long as we all like the same thing who cares.

Its easy to say these are the people giving the sport a bad name but some of these 'kids' have never owned a dog before ban, but used to do it as a youngster. The temptation of their own dog running and catching a hare outways the dangers of getting caught in my opinion, what i will say is some of these youngsters are committed 100% fittests dogs out of all of us, first to be at your door to go out 4 or 5 times a week whereas the older ones have more family commitments and work issues, they may not have the best dogs, cos have no money to buy decent stock, but a half decent dog in the hands of a youngster can be a great dog, whereas best dog in the country is no good to an armchair courser whos too tired to go, or too fat to walk the land.

The reason they are getting the bad press is because theyre the only ones out there doing it as a majority. Better walking in middle of nowhere with a dog killing a few hares than moping about the streets, smoking weed and breaking into sheds and cars to feed there habits cos theyre bored. jmo. talking on a broad spectrum i know. But theres a lot of villages about the uk, and theres absolutly fxxx all for younger generation to do, coursing fills this gap. Which way would you rather your kids go? walking around shooting a few farmers pheasants with catty, walking his land, killing his hares,pugging his rabbits, digging his foxes, or being drug fuelled muggers, burglars, vandals, hoody gangs, standing outside village shop bored out of their brains, or sat in front of an xbox playing shoot me up games etc.

Socially we are fxxcked as a country, i say to all farmers, gamekeepers, landowners, police, politicians try to bring it back and there may be an improvement. some kids really do listen to their elders when talking about coursing/hunting, they are eager to learn about fitness, diet, breeding and bloodlines etc etc. at least it gets their brains working. I regular fill my jeep up the the local boys, i n ever say no. they carry the batteries, carry the kills, run to get your dog, and put diesil in the tank, and help push you out if your stuck in the mud. :thumbs:

• Like 6

Ey up

ATB

Dont think your wrong as such good and bad in every one. what you have to remember is that the new generation of hunters are 10-30 yrs old, they dont do it now cos its illegal, theyve always done it but its not 'cool' to wear other stuff, i go coursing with young and old, some in tracksuits and trainers, some in full camo, some in shirt and tie, takes all sorts, but as long as we all like the same thing who cares.

Its easy to say these are the people giving the sport a bad name but some of these 'kids' have never owned a dog before ban, but used to do it as a youngster. The temptation of their own dog running and catching a hare outways the dangers of getting caught in my opinion, what i will say is some of these youngsters are committed 100% fittests dogs out of all of us, first to be at your door to go out 4 or 5 times a week whereas the older ones have more family commitments and work issues, they may not have the best dogs, cos have no money to buy decent stock, but a half decent dog in the hands of a youngster can be a great dog, whereas best dog in the country is no good to an armchair courser whos too tired to go, or too fat to walk the land.

The reason they are getting the bad press is because theyre the only ones out there doing it as a majority. Better walking in middle of nowhere with a dog killing a few hares than moping about the streets, smoking weed and breaking into sheds and cars to feed there habits cos theyre bored. jmo. talking on a broad spectrum i know. But theres a lot of villages about the uk, and theres absolutly fxxx all for younger generation to do, coursing fills this gap. Which way would you rather your kids go? walking around shooting a few farmers pheasants with catty, walking his land, killing his hares,pugging his rabbits, digging his foxes, or being drug fuelled muggers, burglars, vandals, hoody gangs, standing outside village shop bored out of their brains, or sat in front of an xbox playing shoot me up games etc.

Socially we are fxxcked as a country, i say to all farmers, gamekeepers, landowners, police, politicians try to bring it back and there may be an improvement. some kids really do listen to their elders when talking about coursing/hunting, they are eager to learn about fitness, diet, breeding and bloodlines etc etc. at least it gets their brains working. I regular fill my jeep up the the local boys, i n ever say no. they carry the batteries, carry the kills, run to get your dog, and put diesil in the tank, and help push you out if your stuck in the mud. :thumbs:

EXACTLY what i was meaning you just put in better words

well typed :thumbs:

just to clear up about hunting the irish hare in ireland not the north [The Irish hare is a protected species but is classified as a game species and may therefore be hunted under license during the open season (last week in September to the end of February). You must have a license from the National Parks and Wildlife Service to hunt a hare.

Edited by gav22