220 swift

I was about 14, just started killing paper, when I read about the Swift. Fell head over heels in love! 4200 fps, 48gr sintered iron bullet that fragmented on impact. Holy flukken shit! Blagged a day out with one. Awesome. Fast, flat, lethal on foxes to 500 yds. Kicks like a good 'un tho'!

The Swift got a rep as a barrel burner, but that was because people were shooting it on ranges and firing a lot of rounds in a short time. Not what you do with a CF in the field.

It is still favourite with a lot of ghillies on the Scots moors as a quarter-mile fox-dropper.

Want one for me birthday.

Ric

not that I know much about it, but s=considering the specs that RIc states, looks pretty yummy for foxing, but I shouldn't imagine you can get ammo very easily? factory rifles chambered for it seem about as rare as rocking horse sh*t! would that reflect the ammo availability?

Hi just wondering what you rifle lads think of the 220 swift,is it as good as the 22/250

i have shot one for years, also had a .22-250 what do you need to no mate???????? helluva kick???????? dont no where the other poster got that from noisey YES kick NO Better than a .22-250 defo yes BUT factory loads can be hard to get, if you reload MORE powder. Dont be lead into FPS is the be all of every thing its NOT.fOXING out to 200-250yrds .223 (my brothers cal) BRILLIANT if your into Sniping go for the .220 Swift 50gr Nosler BT if you shooting Muntjac CWD (england) Roe (scotland) 60gr Nosler Partition will do ANY THING your want to do :thumbs:

my shooting buddy had one about 10 years ago and it was very expensive to feed back then, thats when he started to go down the re-loading route. he liked it, but if i remember correctly ,when loading it, he had to put the bullets slightly in front of each other as the base of the cases were a fraction wider than the body, so when loading into the barrel they wouldnt jam, if you see what i mean ?

Hi just wondering what you rifle lads think of the 220 swift,is it as good as the 22/250

i have shot one for years, also had a .22-250 what do you need to no mate???????? helluva kick???????? dont no where the other poster got that from noisey YES kick NO Better than a .22-250 defo yes BUT factory loads can be hard to get, if you reload MORE powder. Dont be lead into FPS is the be all of every thing its NOT.fOXING out to 200-250yrds .223 (my brothers cal) BRILLIANT if your into Sniping go for the .220 Swift 50gr Nosler BT if you shooting Muntjac CWD (england) Roe (scotland) 60gr Nosler Partition will do ANY THING your want to do :thumbs:

I was 5'2" and about 6 stone!

CHEERS MATE THANKS FOR THAT

CHEERS MATE THANKS FOR THAT

NO problem :thumbs: If you get a .220 Swift an reload PM me i am NO EXPERT but have shot a few rounds through my Swift :thumbs:

around here

I shoot a 22.250 it's as good as it gets

However your 220Swift is 'cooking' So 'give it to em', it's only a bit more 'naughty' than my 22,250!!

BE NAUGHTY!