saluki crosses taking fox pre-ban?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody known of, or have had any experiance of saluki crosses doing the job on charlies?

iv hurd that a saluki greyhound is capable of doing a fox single handedly????

cheers

I only know 1 dog colliexgrey x salukix grey, this was in the mid 80s . The dog male 27in 70lb, was a brill lurcher anything with 4 legs was dead :thumbs: He would kill them quick, shake the shit out of them. I dont know what others of this x are like, some say not all like the sharp end :hmm: . But as this a very good x, and if wanted another lurcher i would take that chance,as they will do every other edibile quarry :yes:

caut several foxes over the years with saluk crosses single handed , up to date not had one that wouldnt giving time but if you want to tak about real killers big sid bre out of macnamaras band back to a saluk bitch caut them sol bred by an old mate tor of dartmoor cross caut them regulary ,no big deal the merlin and eve dogs some well it wasnt for them some did the dog out of sniperx jade caut them no prob he was a feiry dog at 26 inches good dog got a bitch here never realy had much chance yet but shees a feiry thing ,foxes not to poular localy the get shot dug snares so if your lucky youll get one the brother to her is in machester area big stom he gets them regulary ,steady entering and letting the dog get its feet to gether is the best way, had apup once twice got a bite when out a walk with qaury never touched nothing then 4 or 5 went for everyrthing as he found it was not realy to much trouble and he was amature dog ,fox isnt ajob for a good hare roe rabbit feather dog but nice if they do when neede pre ban

My 1st lurcher greyhound/collie greyhound x saluki took the red fellows consistantly and easily,I allways said if there was a rabbit and a fox on the field he would go for the fox he was 26".

His daughter who was 24" was exactly the same,my mates 2 24" saluki bred bitches would also take them though one was far keener than the other.

My 1st lurcher greyhound/collie greyhound x saluki took the red fellows consistantly and easily,I allways said if there was a rabbit and a fox on the field he would go for the fox he was 26".

His daughter who was 24" was exactly the same,my mates 2 24" saluki bred bitches would also take them though one was far keener than the other.

i had a 3/4 saluki/ghd bitch many moons ago, R I P sally could take em on her own never got bit until she got too old ,she had a knack with em she used to hit them and roll em so hard by the time they knew what was goin on the throat hold was on end of ,she hated cats also atb BB

post-16432-0-72500400-1296236237_thumb.jpg