problem resolved,and scope suggestions?

hi lads,dad took my gun to sportsman gun centre ltd. this morning (formerly know as litts but now under new ownership) he said they are fantastic blokes,very helpful and not stuck up atall like the previous owners. The bloke put a (not sure what it was) in the end of the barrell ,looked down the scope and said they are knackered,so he removed them and fitted a set of nikko sterling mountmaster 4-12x40's which were 60 quid but he did them for 50 and a tin of pellets so he did it all for 60 quid. They dont deal with hawke so they could not replace or send off to them but i am going to send to the main deben/hawke base or whatever you call it to get them replaced and then sell them. i looked at the nikko sterlins that the bloke fitted and fairplay its a very clear and well built scope from what i can tell,but i hasnt got mildots and is basic,so i figured if im paying 60 quid i mayaswell pay more and get a better scope,ill take the nikko sterlins back tomorow and exchange plus cash for a better set. So what do you guys reccomend ? i have about 120-130 to spend obv want mildots . what magnification is best for me ? i will be doing alot of night shooting but some day also . any suggestions are more than welcome,thanks alot lads

atb,brad. :thumbs:

i have had a couple of hawke scopes and think they are fantastic.

i would go for a hawke.

i would go for either - hawke airmax IR 4-12x40 AO (MAP6) £70 - map 6 reticles are great and compatible with hawke brc

or if you want mildots - hawke sport hd 3-9x50 AO (Mil Dot) £55

or just look on www.deben.com they have all lastest hawke scopes.

hope this helps

scott

well the bloke my dad was talking to in the shop said they dont deal with them as their utter bollocks lol,he explained how the crosshairs arent solid in there and stuff and said any slight knocks and the same will happen so id rather stay away from them tbh.Looking through the nikko stirling it is soooo much clearer than the hawke and if it had mildots id keep it . I may just have a look at the nikko stirling range when down there tomorow and go for the next model up with mildots ,not sure tho.

cheers,brad.

well the bloke my dad was talking to in the shop said they dont deal with them as their utter bollocks lol,he explained how the crosshairs arent solid in there and stuff and said any slight knocks and the same will happen so id rather stay away from them tbh.Looking through the nikko stirling it is soooo much clearer than the hawke and if it had mildots id keep it . I may just have a look at the nikko stirling range when down there tomorow and go for the next model up with mildots ,not sure tho.

cheers,brad.

Nice 4-16x50 IR MTC Viper in for sale section....under optics :thumbs::whistling:

im not getting into an argument now but thats utter bollox about the hawke scopes as they are made for recoiling rifles and this would knock the crosshairs off. also my sling broke on my rifle tuther day and my rifle hit the floor with the scope smashing on the floor and the scope is in mint condition with no damage internally or externally.

scott

nahh no worries mate not arguing lol just discussing :tongue2: funny tho as the bloke said that the hawke wasnt made for a recoiling rifle (not my one anyway) and would be knackered if i put it on my hw35

hmmm,going to have a look at the scopes tomorow i think then if not decided i think ill get st's mtc viper :p

nahh no worries mate not arguing lol just discussing :tongue2: funny tho as the bloke said that the hawke wasnt made for a recoiling rifle (not my one anyway) and would be knackered if i put it on my hw35

hmmm,going to have a look at the scopes tomorow i think then if not decided i think ill get st's mtc viper :p

ST's scope's very good value for money, Brad :thumbs: They're a really nice bit of kit within their price range.

If I was in the market for another scope, I'd deffo take a sniff at that.

• 2 weeks later...