pics of pups with carpal varus

Good on you & your mate for giving these pups a chance as i don't think i would have, the bow legs especially looks very bad.

If you haven't already done so, i would contact whoever bred them and just notify them about the problems of both pups. Any genuine person who bred a litter would want to know if any developed problems like this as i wouldn't want to breed from them again if it's in any way genetic :thumbs:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its not seeing dogs like that ,credit 2 yous for looking after them well some people would have trew the towell in

yes i have seen this befour mate'' many years ago' i first started seeing this.. but i only ever saw it in bull breeds'' ''ie bull lurcher pups' i first encountered it 20yrs ago' when i had pups of

Thats good on the breeder pal but all credit and respect goes to you and your mate for persevering with the poor little buggers good luck

Posted Images

hi i put a topic up a few weeks ago about mine and my friends pups to see if anyone has any experience on running dogs with carpal varus and if so did they work as normal

the pups have been great for a good few weeks with no problems. mine has now gone flat footed and my friend has gone bow legged again so today iv took some pics for you to see how bad it looks

for those who didnt see my last topic these pups have been to the vets and we have done everything the vet said. this will keep happening till the pups stop growing as fast.

carpal varus (bowing out ) is were one bone in the leg grows faster than the other witch courses the legs to bow until the other bone catches up

yes i have seen this befour mate'' many years ago' i first started seeing this.. but i only ever saw it in bull breeds'' ''ie bull lurcher pups' i first encountered it 20yrs ago' when i had pups off bull greyhound parentage.. like u mate i was shocked n stunned' ok one day'' the next week looked like cripples'' i thought streight away' rickits' or sumat worse'' i went to see a very good vet in warrington at the time'' n he explained what it was' at the time i was feeding my dogs on a very high proteen food' hence thay was shooting up'' to fast realy' get them off it n give um boiled potatoes pasta.. he seid things with plenty ov carbs'' in there geting way to much proteen' there bones r growing faster than there tendons'' so i took is advice'' n the dogs never looked bk.. iv seen it since reacently'' n give the same advice as i was 20yrs ago.. i thought it was a gene''' thing out ov the parents its not mate' rest easy.. i no thay look a mess at the minit' mate' but i am shure thay will come right'..... the vet' new his job for me.. n am shure urs does to... ATB..B

• Like 2

Good on you & your mate for giving these pups a chance as i don't think i would have, the bow legs especially looks very bad.

If you haven't already done so, i would contact whoever bred them and just notify them about the problems of both pups. Any genuine person who bred a litter would want to know if any developed problems like this as i wouldn't want to breed from them again if it's in any way genetic :thumbs:

yes we rung the breeder straight away when the pups first went bad and they said they will not be breeding the dogs again and said we can take the pups back and get a full refund if we wanted so its all been covered thanks thumbs.gif

hi i put a topic up a few weeks ago about mine and my friends pups to see if anyone has any experience on running dogs with carpal varus and if so did they work as normal

the pups have been great for a good few weeks with no problems. mine has now gone flat footed and my friend has gone bow legged again so today iv took some pics for you to see how bad it looks

for those who didnt see my last topic these pups have been to the vets and we have done everything the vet said. this will keep happening till the pups stop growing as fast.

carpal varus (bowing out ) is were one bone in the leg grows faster than the other witch courses the legs to bow until the other bone catches up

yes i have seen this befour mate'' many years ago' i first started seeing this.. but i only ever saw it in bull breeds'' ''ie bull lurcher pups' i first encountered it 20yrs ago' when i had pups off bull greyhound parentage.. like u mate i was shocked n stunned' ok one day'' the next week looked like cripples'' i thought streight away' rickits' or sumat worse'' i went to see a very good vet in warrington at the time'' n he explained what it was' at the time i was feeding my dogs on a very high proteen food' hence thay was shooting up'' to fast realy' get them off it n give um boiled potatoes pasta.. he seid things with plenty ov carbs'' in there geting way to much proteen' there bones r growing faster than there tendons'' so i took is advice'' n the dogs never looked bk.. iv seen it since reacently'' n give the same advice as i was 20yrs ago.. i thought it was a gene''' thing out ov the parents its not mate' rest easy.. i no thay look a mess at the minit' mate' but i am shure thay will come right'..... the vet' new his job for me.. n am shure urs does to... ATB..B

thanks mate the vet did tell us to keep them on there puppy food but i changed mine and her legs have stoped straight its still quit high in protein its the beta greyhound iv put her on its just her feet thats gone flat at the min but mine has been like my friends 3 times

and it does make you feel sick when they go like it and i felt cruel for keeping her like it . i had a lad ring me the other night with a bull x with the same as ours and i just told him what my vet said the rest is up to him but i do hope they all come good thanks for the info mate its much appreciated atvb jenna

Bloody hell I bet it's horrible to see them like that it would certainly play on my mind but big respect to you both for sticking in there as I don't know if I could of n I'm a soft c**t with dogs so that's saying something I hope they both turn out top dogs for u n pay you back as a lot of people could learn by yous example ATB with them

Bloody hell I bet it's horrible to see them like that it would certainly play on my mind but big respect to you both for sticking in there as I don't know if I could of n I'm a soft c**t with dogs so that's saying something I hope they both turn out top dogs for u n pay you back as a lot of people could learn by yous example ATB with them

it is mate it plays on my mind every day its like i still cant make my mind up what to do with her im moor than willing to give her the chance. she is so well behaved shes a pleasure to have around and she has bonded with me so well

i think it makes it alot harder to make decisions when there like this atb jenna

Look at it this way............ if the dogs aren't in any pain then give them time and a good chance.

Knew someone who took on a rescued GSD puppy only 5 months old with terrible back legs, vet said it wasn't in any pain but neither would it make 'old bones' so they agreed to give him as good a life as they could for as long as he was happy, when the time came that he was no longer mobile without pain they had him PTS. He had 18 months of a great life, short but worth it. :thumbs:

Look at it this way............ if the dogs aren't in any pain then give them time and a good chance.

Knew someone who took on a rescued GSD puppy only 5 months old with terrible back legs, vet said it wasn't in any pain but neither would it make 'old bones' so they agreed to give him as good a life as they could for as long as he was happy, when the time came that he was no longer mobile without pain they had him PTS. He had 18 months of a great life, short but worth it. :thumbs:

the vet did say they were in some pain when we went but didnt want to give pain killers as they could over do it and damage there selfs i know were your comeing from and trust me if they were unhappy and bad with pain i would have had mine pts already and

my vet would have told me strait what to do he dont beat around the bush he tels me how it is. good on the person how had the gsd for giveing it the life it deserved thumbs.gif

yes we rung the breeder straight away when the pups first went bad and they said they will not be breeding the dogs again and said we can take the pups back and get a full refund if we wanted so its all been covered thanks thumbs.gif

Thats good on the breeder pal :thumbs: but all credit and respect goes to you and your mate for persevering with the poor little buggers :thumbs: good luck

• Like 2

Thats good on the breeder pal :thumbs: but all credit and respect goes to you and your mate for persevering with the poor little buggers :thumbs: good luck

thanks mate all comments like that mean alot thumbs.gif

• Like 1

Was it not just last year a saluki highbrid had this problem on here last year and someone had been trying to stud him out after it had corrected itself ?? mind there was piks of it a party colour with a fair bit white i think :hmm: Good on you for keeping hold of em and giving em a try a mates cocker had same problem and he is a fine strong dog now but to be fare i wouldnt be keeping on a coursing dog with problems decent ones are hard enough to keep from injurys.

Sure me mates cocker was fine by 6 or 7 months was a sid to see as he was always falling over imself.