driving band 4coursing

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the gather said to the farmer who gave me permission the other day. The helicopter came on tuesday followed by 5 cars and even though I had permission to "rabbit" with lurchers he wasnt satisfied

I think its if you go off road, some highway law. but not sure. Ive searched google before and have seen that people have been hare coursing, got a driving ban, dogs destroyed, motor taken. What if yo

well thats not justice banning people not behind the wheel yes they co accussed for hunting eligal if thats [bANNED TEXT] they doing but to ban a person not driving they should put an apeal against i

Is this only applicable if you are driving fields without permission?

FTB

No mate, me and a friend got stopped by the police last week on a main road after coming off a public footpath. They reckon they had reports from a witness that they saw a couple of lads fitting our description hare coursing in the area. We didnt get arrested but were made to stand at the roadside while someone took our photographs ( and the dogs )they then read us our rights for "suspicion of trespass in the persuit of game" after which they said our summons to court is in the post. They said they were moving to get us a one month driving ban, maximum fine and an asbo to stop us from going back to the area. Im not saying that we will get a guilty sentence at court(if we do in fact get a summons) but its well within their power to do as they please regards sentencing in this day and age as in my opinion the law seems to be a bit one sided in this country.

atb

Mally :thumbs:

were did ya get pulled mate just out of intrest :thumbs:

FTB

No mate, me and a friend got stopped by the police last week on a main road after coming off a public footpath. They reckon they had reports from a witness that they saw a couple of lads fitting our description hare coursing in the area. We didnt get arrested but were made to stand at the roadside while someone took our photographs ( and the dogs )they then read us our rights for "suspicion of trespass in the persuit of game" after which they said our summons to court is in the post. They said they were moving to get us a one month driving ban, maximum fine and an asbo to stop us from going back to the area. Im not saying that we will get a guilty sentence at court(if we do in fact get a summons) but its well within their power to do as they please regards sentencing in this day and age as in my opinion the law seems to be a bit one sided in this country.

atb

just outside a little village called epworth, lower burnham its called ;)

FTB

atb

boys got done here banned 4 who was in the car :blink: but it was the second time they got caught

FTB

atb

il stay clear of there lol :thumbs:

What is the actual charge that results in the driving ban?

Would be interested to find out exact circumstances.

The law is diferent up here and we have the right to roam act so by law you can walk your dogs anywhere in Scotland providing you are not causing damage. To be prosicuted they have to prove that you are hare coursing which if you are smart enough is very difficult to do.

Would be worth reading up on the exact law but I can't see how you can be banned from driving. The car getting crushed and dogs distroyed make sence but if you park the car legally and dont commit a driving offence I really dont understand how a licence can be lost?

The law is diferent up here and we have the right to roam act so by law you can walk your dogs anywhere in Scotland providing you are not causing damage. To be prosicuted they have to prove that you are hare coursing which if you are smart enough is very difficult to do.

Would be worth reading up on the exact law but I can't see how you can be banned from driving. The car getting crushed and dogs distroyed make sence but if you park the car legally and dont commit a driving offence I really dont understand how a licence can be lost?

i'm pretty sure then right to roam law only covers non cultivated land

They class your car as part of your equipment for committing a crime, they'd confiscate it the same way they would confiscate a screwdriver from someone caught burgling. With the driving ban, I'd say that it's because they reckon that having a licence to drive is a privilege not a right, (So I seem to remember reading somewhere a while back..:hmm:) and by using your licence to break the law you are abusing that privilege..

Crazy fecking times... :(

would like some feed back on this boys as its worrying me a bit. i'm a banned driver have been for 7 yrs is it true if your out hare coursing and your not the driver but are in the vehicle will you get banned driving aswell? anyone know? as i've heard a lot of different stories.

banned for 7 years fcuking hell :icon_eek: drinking and driving a few times.

My mate lost his licence for 6mths (before the ban came in) for being parked on a grass verge belonging to the council whilst coursing in adjacent field. He later got it reduced to 3 mths after an appeal!!

The fella with him lost his licence for 6 weeks, the reason being that if the other fella didnt loose his licence as well it was obvious that he would drive the next time they wanted to go coursing the judge said. :icon_eek:

A lot now deal with it in civil court,asbo.sec59 public order or summit? Caught using vehicle on private land confiscation. + ban.+ fine :icon_redface:

might start dealing drugs seems less risky than hunting plus its unlikely that i will get caught as all the police officers will be wasteing thousands of pounds chasing us lot around farmers fields its 1 f****d up world we live in!!!!!!!

:laugh: Its a fookin mad country lol

Edited by dodger

here in e,anglia they have a unit dedicated to catching hare coursers and rural crime, and so far they have had 80convictions, they give anyone in the car a ban, crush the vehicle and take the dogs and you get a fine, and thats it, they came on the keepers not realising who they were, and told them they are not like the namby pamby city, they will get stuck in.and are hungry for their work, there you go boys take care.