34 today but rats a big problem

NICE LITTLE WRITE UP MATE DONT DO FERRETING ANY MORE BUT IVE DONE MY SHARE 20 ODD YEARS AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT WE USED TO KEEP CERTAIN FERRETS FOR RATTING AS THERE WERE A FEW PIG FARMS WHERE I LIVE GOD THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!I BEEN BIT BY A FEW LONG TAILS IN MY TIME AS IT WAS NOWT FOR US TO PULL EM DOWN FROM RAFTERS FOR DOGS WE FOUND A RETIRED RATTING FERRET MADE A CRACKING RABBITER .THERE WERE NO SMOKERS OR OWT FOR US JUST DOGS AND SPADES [OH AND A BIT OV COURAGE LOL] KEEP UP THE STORIES MATE

NICE LITTLE WRITE UP MATE DONT DO FERRETING ANY MORE BUT IVE DONE MY SHARE 20 ODD YEARS AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT WE USED TO KEEP CERTAIN FERRETS FOR RATTING AS THERE WERE A FEW PIG FARMS WHERE I LIVE GOD THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!I BEEN BIT BY A FEW LONG TAILS IN MY TIME AS IT WAS NOWT FOR US TO PULL EM DOWN FROM RAFTERS FOR DOGS WE FOUND A RETIRED RATTING FERRET MADE A CRACKING RABBITER .THERE WERE NO SMOKERS OR OWT FOR US JUST DOGS AND SPADES [OH AND A BIT OV COURAGE LOL] KEEP UP THE STORIES MATE

Too right mate, I used to go ratting with ferrets when I was young, we used to grab the rats with our hands and squeeze them to kill them, I like you copped for a few chomps and have some scars to prove it. That was before all the scares about wiels disease etc, we didn't give a toss about the rats then a bit of dettol on a swab after we got home etc. Some of the guys I know are scared to death with the longy's and won't put their hands in a dig if they bthink there could be any down there. Woofters or what!

localy in the early eighties we used to course the hares in big land alot of carrots etc , once they were pulled in rats were everywere used to have about seven ferets as they used to get bit up ,not what i call sport more cause there werent rabbits in walking distance plenty hares but rabbs scares used to big lurchers and a border terrier ,then we moved on to bigger and tastier qaurry

Too right mate, I used to go ratting with ferrets when I was young, we used to grab the rats with our hands and squeeze them to kill them, I like you copped for a few chomps and have some scars to prove it. That was before all the scares about wiels disease etc, we didn't give a toss about the rats then a bit of dettol on a swab after we got home etc. Some of the guys I know are scared to death with the longy's and won't put their hands in a dig if they bthink there could be any down there. Woofters or what!

Aye,I wouldn,t fancy sticking my hand doon either :icon_eek: great write up :thumbs:

well done mate, great bag. i think i might have to get myself in touch with a gamekeeper round here. patterdales seem really good, torn between one of them, or a lurcher. what do you reckon would be better?:thumbs:

Get them both Adam :) I want a pack of Patterdale's for ratting and a couple to dig too, also I want luchers, 4 labs and 3 cockers and 11 springers :L

well done mate, great bag. i think i might have to get myself in touch with a gamekeeper round here. patterdales seem really good, torn between one of them, or a lurcher. what do you reckon would be better?:thumbs:

First of all great write up again Steve, i enjoy reading your posts :thumbs: secondly well done for taking the young lad out with.

adammubu why dont you try a beddy/whippet, you'l get the best of both worlds out of it :thumbs: