middleton terriers

middleton,gould,nuttall,brightmore, parkes and many others, they have all i believe sold rubbish for cash at some time in their lives, maybe not absolutely out of absolute ruthless greed but have sold substandard stuff because a buyer was waiting with money in hand???

ive got a nuttall strain from my uncle and bred him with my 'non working stock' bitch (she is keen as mustard though.) the bitch i kept back is keener and more tanacious than all of them. with breeding working terriers/ lurchers for years you will get some non workers its inevertable. 40% breeding 60% entering/ training is a theory my uncle always said. sometimes it isnt. ive called at nuttals to be turned away cause he is working his dogs. i also think people use his name to inflate the prices, but if you get stock from the man himself they are cheaper than what you would pick up at of rip off weekly. the books dont help the books dont help even though they are good reads. the idiots see pound signs and the prices rise. 1000 pound for a working terrier :clapper: welldone he saw him coming

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone has there different look on terriers ..I think terriers should be judged to there own (Type )ie a border should look like a border not a scaled down one.Same as lakies in my eyes and its my o

Posted Images

Goldy, Spartacus was not a Gould bred terrier he was 1/2 Parks 1/4 gould 1/4 staff as for P.B, McCoy he was 1/2 old Middleton [Rex, Wilkinson] 1/2 white terrier [russel?] so they are more scater bred than line bred, as for Nuttal he has been breeding shit for years..... if you breed enough shit you will get the odd one that floats [work]

well almost mate, mccoy was bred out of a white middleton dog called jock, over a black bitch called darkie, hence why he threw occasional white himself, the breeding of darkie was kept quiet by pb himself (so i dont know no matter how much i asked him but rumour has it was bred down off toddy lines from warrington by dr???) spartacus was out of blackjack to a red parkes bitch owned by dr at the time , not sure how much bull in blackjack (tufftpal is the man to ask re this). yep i totally agreewith you if you breed enough you get something sooner or later.

I know how mccoy was bred so believe [bANNED TEXT] you want, if tuftpaul told you then it will prob be wrong as he knows fek all

no it wasny tufty at all, it was pb himself while stood looking at the dog with dr. interestingly last year g middleton confirmed the breeding but did not know how darky was bred either??? anyway no worries, maybe our memories serve us wrong after all it was a few years back.

my mate has just paid £1000 for one.....its got a head like a wheelie bin, from kilmarnock i think

Glad this 1 will be worked, there's a few middleton bred dogs around here (Killie) that have never worked and are showed all marked-up due to kennel fights yet passed off as workers.

Why even argue about the price of a terrier? afterall its their money to do as they wish with and put it this way if some fool came up tp you and offered you more money for a pup than the recommended price or mega money for a dog that didn't work well but would win rosettes :o:blink: i bet you'd take it.

I know of someone who imported a working gundog for £12,000 had 2 litters sired by it done some gun work and found it dead in its kennel a year after import... now thats big money :icon_eek:

What a bag of shite this thread turned into, I judged 1 of GM terriers at CON 2006 in best entered (show dog not worker) which he himself admitted that he dont do much graft with any terriers nowadays the only thing this had seen was a grooming parlour, A mate got 1 last night direct from him 2 yrs old (show dog not a worker)

I had 1 never made the grade ( good for the show's though he he)

[bANNED TEXT] only get out of a dog what you put in weather from show/working stock

Who gives a monkey's what who pays what thats there buisness, In my book if the terrier does that damage then good luck to you all and if it doesn't then get rid PTS.

middleton,gould,nuttall,brightmore, parkes and many others, they have all i believe sold rubbish for cash at some time in their lives, maybe not absolutely out of absolute ruthless greed but have sold substandard stuff because a buyer was waiting with money in hand??? gary used to have some good dogs. dr (owner of blackjack) once told me that garys old stuff was some of best in country until the blacks came along. likewise pb s mccoy was half old middletonblood out of a renown digging dog. howver gary has bred mainly for shows in last twenty years and so of course working ability has suffered. he has also unfortunately gained a steady and growing reputation fo selling rubbish at hugely inflated pricesto the unwary in my experience. i have personally known and bought dogs from all the above (or from dogs drectly from their blood in the case of middleton) over the years and for me there is a definite trend emerged which goes like this: worst dog dealer of all selling alot of the time = nuttall (ihave heard absolutely uncountable tales of rubbish sold by him to numerous dog men which would not work to any kind of acceptable standard,he oncetold a teenage naive terrier man to breed from his useless, non working nuttall bitch and he would get his money back for him by selling pups onto unsuspecting doglads, and i KNOW THIS IS TRUE CAUSE I WAS THE TEENAGE LAD!!!) best stock sold over a continuous breeding career, therefore best value and chance of getting a genuine digging dog= gould by far. saddest loss of working ability over last twenty years,(due to show influence?)= middleton. i will end this personal ramble by seeking to qualify my conclusions: ask around about the best terriers your friends have seen over years ( i bet they are out of old gouldy blood,or more recently poss. spartacus blood), also ask them about nuttall blood, most will be unsure, or be sure most was rubbish off nuttall, or will quote a good one off another breeder who has refined and culled the strain (ie g.mason, d.wheeler) also log onto some of the other websites abroad and you will see a wealth of enquiries regarding nuttall strain working ability( the worlds full of confused nuttal owning terrier men who are trying to kid themselves a poor dog is better than it is!!!)by comparison there are virtually non re mr gould (everybody sort of knows they are good stuff, right?????) anyway all the best and lets all keep it honest.

Your talking out of your ass man!!!

Nuttall is one of the few genuine terriermen left,i have had his lines for the last 30 year's and i've never had a none-worker off him,and as im a hunt-terrierman my living depend's on my dog's being up to scratch!

If a pure Nuttall does'nt enter it's probably because of the bloody amature on the end of the couples!!!!!!

Guest the poacher

I SEEN A BITCH DIRECT FROM NUTTAL FAIL THIS SEASON WAS A GOOD BITCH FOR HALF A SEASON THEN JUST DIDNT WANT NO MORE SHE WASNT GIVEN TO MUCH JUST DIDNT HAVE IT IN HER YOU HAVE FALIERS IN EVERY BLOOD LINE

middleton,gould,nuttall,brightmore, parkes and many others, they have all i believe sold rubbish for cash at some time in their lives, maybe not absolutely out of absolute ruthless greed but have sold substandard stuff because a buyer was waiting with money in hand??? gary used to have some good dogs. dr (owner of blackjack) once told me that garys old stuff was some of best in country until the blacks came along. likewise pb s mccoy was half old middletonblood out of a renown digging dog. howver gary has bred mainly for shows in last twenty years and so of course working ability has suffered. he has also unfortunately gained a steady and growing reputation fo selling rubbish at hugely inflated pricesto the unwary in my experience. i have personally known and bought dogs from all the above (or from dogs drectly from their blood in the case of middleton) over the years and for me there is a definite trend emerged which goes like this: worst dog dealer of all selling alot of the time = nuttall (ihave heard absolutely uncountable tales of rubbish sold by him to numerous dog men which would not work to any kind of acceptable standard,he oncetold a teenage naive terrier man to breed from his useless, non working nuttall bitch and he would get his money back for him by selling pups onto unsuspecting doglads, and i KNOW THIS IS TRUE CAUSE I WAS THE TEENAGE LAD!!!) best stock sold over a continuous breeding career, therefore best value and chance of getting a genuine digging dog= gould by far. saddest loss of working ability over last twenty years,(due to show influence?)= middleton. i will end this personal ramble by seeking to qualify my conclusions: ask around about the best terriers your friends have seen over years ( i bet they are out of old gouldy blood,or more recently poss. spartacus blood), also ask them about nuttall blood, most will be unsure, or be sure most was rubbish off nuttall, or will quote a good one off another breeder who has refined and culled the strain (ie g.mason, d.wheeler) also log onto some of the other websites abroad and you will see a wealth of enquiries regarding nuttall strain working ability( the worlds full of confused nuttal owning terrier men who are trying to kid themselves a poor dog is better than it is!!!)by comparison there are virtually non re mr gould (everybody sort of knows they are good stuff, right?????) anyway all the best and lets all keep it honest.

Your talking out of your ass man!!!

Nuttall is one of the few genuine terriermen left,i have had his lines for the last 30 year's and i've never had a none-worker off him,and as im a hunt-terrierman my living depend's on my dog's being up to scratch!

If a pure Nuttall does'nt enter it's probably because of the bloody amature on the end of the couples!!!!!!

i guess you disagree!!!! (oh well i will show you how to post a thread like an intelligent human being). well your welcome to your opinion, and so am i. i have PERSONALLY bought half a dozen dogs off the man (in my younger naive years, you couldnt give me one now!!), and talked to people as far away as scotland, ireland and of course uk who have been badly disappointed in his stuff which was just not game. interestingly they were all digging men, not particularly wanting small bolting dogs so maybe thats where we differ in opinion. i have seen one and (heard of others) small bolters who were good at standing off and bolting charlie and could even be called out if too deep for hunt, so well done i say, horses for courses, however as far as game digging dogs???? never seen one, but i know of absolutely shedfuls of high priced failures. as far as the gameness of a dog actually being down to the person holding the lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, well i guess i will have agree to disagree with you on that one as well and leave it at that. all the best.