Rabbits for the homeless

Before Xmas i gave a church bloke who has a mobile soup kitchen a load of veg to feed the homeless a xmas dinner and i asked him if he could use rabbit meat as i have a freezer full but i could supply him fresh meat most weeks. To be honest i didnt think he would be interested as a lot of people dont eat rabbit these days i suppose i was being very naive as to the plight of the homeless as he was over the moon saying how the hot meal he provides could be the only one they get all week.

i know a lot of people are on the street through their own weaknesses ie drink or drugs but who am i to judge and at least its doing somebody somewhere some good. How some of the poor buggers survive this weather is beyond me i work out in it for most of the day and it wears me out just keeping warm.

maybe there is this type of thing going on where you live and if you have enough in the freezer maybe you could help?

Its just a thought :thumbs:

• Like 12

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before Xmas i gave a church bloke who has a mobile soup kitchen a load of veg to feed the homeless a xmas dinner and i asked him if he could use rabbit meat as i have a freezer full but i could supply

Spot on mate, i'll have a look into local soup kitchens! It also helps promote a positive view of field sports.

Dottydoo bang on and stroller top bloke homelessness in this country shouldn't be allowed when we hand people who hate us a life On a plate but that's another story

Before Xmas i gave a church bloke who has a mobile soup kitchen a load of veg to feed the homeless a xmas dinner and i asked him if he could use rabbit meat as i have a freezer full but i could supply him fresh meat most weeks. To be honest i didnt think he would be interested as a lot of people dont eat rabbit these days i suppose i was being very naive as to the plight of the homeless as he was over the moon saying how the hot meal he provides could be the only one they get all week.

i know a lot of people are on the street through their own weaknesses ie drink or drugs but who am i to judge and at least its doing somebody somewhere some good. How some of the poor buggers survive this weather is beyond me i work out in it for most of the day and it wears me out just keeping warm.

maybe there is this type of thing going on where you live and if you have enough in the freezer maybe you could help?

:thumbs: good man :thumbs: i used to work as a chef in a hostel for the homeless and they are greatfull for any food they can get especially meat of any kind as people usually give pasta rice and tinned veg. meat is like gold dust to them,i even had one old boy ask me for the chicken carcasse so he could eat the bones :blink:

:notworthy: :notworthy: Good man :thumbs:

like the op has said, there are guys an women oot there throo there own faults/choices/decisions

but there is also a lot oot there that aint,

if only everybody helped 1 person, be it homeless people, old folk, or just people worse off then yaselfs

then im sure this whole poxy island would be a far better place............

no such thing as community these days :thumbdown:

• Like 1

like the op has said, there are guys an women oot there throo there own faults/choices/decisions

if only everybody helped 1 person, be it homeless people, old folk, or just people worse off then yaselfs

YOUR DEAD RIGHT THERE MATE :thumbs:

YOUR DEAD RIGHT THERE MATE :thumbs:

like you say a lot of them are out there from there own choices but nearly 65% of the uk's homeless are ex service men.