very Ill young albino jill Advice needed !!!

had 8 ferrets in two different hutches a number of years ago and everyone of them took it and died went to vets all around me and not one of them knew what it was once there eyes start to leak of the puss there back end starts to go and they cant walk its a sad sight one after another took it and not had ferrets since met an old poacher and told him about it and he told me then what it was its caused by CATS :whistling: :whistling:

o shit mate we have a bleedy cat aswell and i usually feed him in the morning before or after i check the ferrets so uts quite possible i've touched the cat and then touched the ferret aswell :( if this is the case then the cat will have to go, only good thing he does is keep the rats down around the chicken run....

See what the vet says first, before you go booting the cat out. My cat and ferrets live perfectly happily and healthily together.

thats if yi can get a vet with the knowledge to know what it is and how to treat it remember the flu is a virus and antibiotics are quite useless to it so what else is there apart from vaccination which might be to late :thumbs:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May i just add proper22 is my best mate and we are always ferreting together, He treats is ferrets better than a lot of other people do and you lot are giving him a hard time when the boy has done f*u

had 8 ferrets in two different hutches a number of years ago and everyone of them took it and died went to vets all around me and not one of them knew what it was once there eyes start to leak of the puss there back end starts to go and they cant walk its a sad sight one after another took it and not had ferrets since met an old poacher and told him about it and he told me then what it was its caused by CATS :whistling: :whistling:

o shit mate we have a bleedy cat aswell and i usually feed him in the morning before or after i check the ferrets so uts quite possible i've touched the cat and then touched the ferret aswell :( if this is the case then the cat will have to go, only good thing he does is keep the rats down around the chicken run....

See what the vet says first, before you go booting the cat out. My cat and ferrets live perfectly happily and healthily together.

i had the same thing with one of my older jills kept her in the house for a week luckerly i work in farming and gave her a small dose of amoxinsol its a drug we use on our livestock its meant for poultry or ducks in my case with in three days she purked up i get her to vets she needs meds dont risk it they deserve the best you can give them

3 Days to get to the vets!! Nice one

if you can read i asked for advice mate not criticism keep thoughts like that to your self there not gonna help anyone :thumbdown: ......its because its been very rapid yesterday i thought she would pull through.

Best advice youle get is take the thing to a vet mate. Not having a dig at you here mate but it boils my piss when i see this sort of thing. Everybody on here is a ferret or dog owner, not vets and yet time and time again we see people waiting days with their animal laying there f****d and dying before they come on here asking for advice and no matter what anyone on here sais the only real thing to do (if we actually give one solitary flying f**k about said animal) is take it to the vets when it starts showing symptoms.

I had a young ferret die a few yrs ago with similar symptoms. I called the vet straight away and it was flu. Got some drugs and droppers but didnt help, she died in the end. They other ferrets were fine though, maybe as they were older and the young jill was separated early enough.

Hope she makes it.

ATB