What to put over my bull grey

Next year I am planning on breeding my First x bull grey bitch she is four year old now and has done everything I have asked of her she has ran doubled up with some of the best dogs up this neck of the woods and to my surprise she has made a fool of a lot of them, ok I have a laugh and joke with the owners of the dogs she has ran with and try and soften the blow with them on how a first x bull grey just made a fool of there champion bred lineage salukie lurchers it is all in jest but what I am always told by them are if that was in a massive open place like the fens then the outcome would of been different (but we are not on the fens) and probable never will be ! the only thing that I would change in this bitch is that I would give her one more gear so she can be there all the way on the more open ground that we hunt ! I would like to pass everything this bitch has onto her pups but with a extra gear !!!!! Any sugestions would be welcome ...............

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,d put another first x bull/grey over her. The resulting pups are usually taller ..faster without losing any of bulls attributes...atb stabba

3/4 grey 1/4 bull

anything that does what you want,does it matter whats in it so long as it does the job.another half bull if there as good as you say,just cos the bitch is good dont mean the pups will be

Posted Images

put 1 of your mates champion bred saluki lurchers over her,get the speed and the stamina,alot of people are running this breed saluki/bull/greyhound

I have been offered to do this breeding many times but what puts me off is that these lads do not really know what is in there dogs! they say there is this and that but to be honest how do they know this if they did not breed them themselves and just took the word of the person who they bought them off ! Dont get me wrong I like worker to worker breeding and have seen some crackers come off of this way of breeding but I also seen some donkeys bred this way ! I think that way of breeding works best for pure breeds as for there would not be the same risk of throw backs .

well fella i personally wouldn't put a full grey over her..i,ve seen 1 breeding of a 1st cross bull x bitch put to a grey dog that was pulling all quarry and not 1 pup out of the litter of 8 worked..the bitch and grey dog were two superb dogs but the cross just doesn't seem to click like the bull x over the grey bitch..i'd put a saluki x over her or else a 3/4 grey x 1/4 bull ideally

id put a collie grey x saluki grey over her making pups bull/grey x saluki/collie/grey thats the cross i wanted but couldnt find any of that breeding so i went for saluki/bull/grey the collie would make them better imo :thumbs:

well fella i personally wouldn't put a full grey over her..i,ve seen 1 breeding of a 1st cross bull x bitch put to a grey dog that was pulling all quarry and not 1 pup out of the litter of 8 worked..the bitch and grey dog were two superb dogs but the cross just doesn't seem to click like the bull x over the grey bitch..i'd put a saluki x over her or else a 3/4 grey x 1/4 bull ideally

Paddy I would love to put a genuine First cross Saluki grey over her but up here they are not in abundance .

id put a collie grey x saluki grey over her making pups bull/grey x saluki/collie/grey thats the cross i wanted but couldnt find any of that breeding so i went for saluki/bull/grey the collie would make them better imo :thumbs:

I cant stand collie sorry !!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

:icon_redface: 5/8 3/8 bull or 3/4 bull even first cross back over her will make some faster dogs,but dont rush in go for a 100% game dogs,nd make sure you can get rid of all pups before hand. :thumbs: