dont need a gun with Bryn and young Tod

Skin them, and cover in parma ham, or bacon ;) even more flavour that way.

They always fall apart when I pluck them :icon_redface:

bloody southeners,, no idea how to pluck proper :laugh: i stil wrap bacon round it , and also olive oil,,,,, take ya time plucking you still may get the odd rip,,, but its worth the extra time when its just a few birds for ya self.... if there for the dog,, then yes skin them or just pull the bigest feathers out.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good stuff

ile second what undidputed said,,,nice bit o "LURCHER WORK" and what a nice start for the pup. Bryn has been a good dog for you bird, thats for shure,

But that is sacroligiouse skinning them ,, ony 10 mins to pluck them , and the skin keeps the flouvour in. be honest you were just being lazy :tongue2:

thanks Tomo on Bryn + pup, yes i skin for quickness :tongue2: , but what my mrs does as above put bids in silver foil for 1 hour. Then takes foil off lets them crisp up with the bacon on top, mrs makes a (red wine sauce) put with veg+spuds BRILL.i used pluck before but, they are really nice like this :thumbs: and Tod got a jaw like feckin croc :laugh:

nothing better than to see a lurcher bringing in some feather mate just shows all round capabilities for me,dogs are a credit to you mate,i see tod coming along nicely on the growing front,looks a lump :thumbs:

forgot to mention,what times dinner today mate :whistling:

thanks mate :thumbs: 1.30pm :laugh: , you right on Tod he is like little tank, got some strenght for a pup. :yes:

nice one pal, do you not hang yer pheasants to ripen them? Or is it straight in the oven?

a few people do hang them, and in this weather no prob. :thumbs: But suppose if i had 4-5 brace i might hang them, but not just for 3 birds :thumbs:

Excellent thread Bird mate...Tods growin well :thumbs:

thanks mate, :thumbs: he is 21in 47lb a big pup for 5 months old lol, you was right about him, very strong for a pup. !

looking good the bull x when hes 12 month old i will have him back ha ha.........

he will be to powerful when he is 12 month old for you mate lol :D