At last! Got my Weihrauch HW77 .22 rifle

Hi Andy.

Of course it's the the best Gas Ram mate, Weihrauch made it!

I had a really duff day on Saturday last. I set off to take the HW77 to Tony Wall for tuning at Sandwell Field Sports down in West Bromwich and, after driving 110 miles in sunshine, I hit the snow storms and got stuck in jammed traffic on the M42/M5 intersections. It took over 3 hours to get over the last 5 miles and the snow settled all the while and thickened. It seems bloody ridiculous how quickly the roads jammed to a grinding halt once the snow took momentum. Ah well, I was due to arrive at Sandwell Field Sport's door at 13:15 and it was gone 1600 when I finally slithered up to the door..only to find the place locked and shuttered-up. :doh::feck:

Heyho. It's going to be the new year for that pleasure then! :thumbs:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

unlucky simon mate, you must've been fuming buddy.

you've got me thinking about .20 in earnest now tho, maybe a barrel swap for the '95 when it goes to see mr wall sometime next year could be just the ticket, as i'm loving my return to springers, but dont want to buy another gun due to lessons learnt earlier this year, trying to shoot more than a couple of rifles just screwed up my shooting with all of them and prompted a serious return to knockdowns for a month...

all the best, wurz

not to mention i've got about 20 boxes of logun penetrators that are wondering why i still havent fixed my rapid :icon_redface:

Edited by gurtwurz

Hi Wurz.

Yeah mate, but, it hacked me off more that our country seems to fall apart in a flop, as soon as the snow starts. You just watch, there'll be a warm Summer and it'll be all panic as the roads start cracking up and we start running out of water! :doh:

Changing the barrel on your HW95? That seems like a good idea mate. You can always swap it back if it doesn't work out. Now you've got me wondering about returning my HW80K to 12ft/lbs and swapping the barrel to .20.... :hmm:

I've been out shooting paper targets to get familliar with the HW77 and adjust the Rekord trigger exactly right. And I honestly can't think of shooting anything else now. It's honestly that good! I'm seriously thinking of saving up to buy another two HW77s in .177 and .20 and that's the rest of my shooting life sorted.

Jeeez that's a bit sobering to think of!

All the best mate

Simon

That's a bit crap, Simon, did he know you were on your way?? :blink:

Just to let you and John know, there's often a BIG delay when ordering .20 kit from Hull Cartridge. They tend to wait until they've enough orders to make a shipment worthwhile. I had to wait nearly four months for the barrel for my 90 and they don't stock .20 guns, it's always special order only.

I'm glad I changed though, very happy with .20 :thumbs:

Cheers.

well,i'm definitely gonna do it, .20 was perfect for me pcp wise, so i see no reason why it wouldnt be with a springer. i'm absolutely converted back to springers for mooching with,purely cos of the FUN factor (although come springtime i can see the hw100 or rapid being pulled out for serious culling action on a couple of my grounds,just to keep the owners happy if nowt else!)

i wonder if you can order barrels direct from anschutz or walther? might save a bit of hassle with hull cartridge?

simon mate,i've got a real block on shooting paper for some reason, thats why i like a re-settable knockdown with various target rings, dunno, i just get on better with it for some reason.probably cos i can paint over the misses...

cheers lads, wurz

Edited by gurtwurz

That's a bit crap, Simon, did he know you were on your way?? :blink:

Just to let you and John know, there's often a BIG delay when ordering .20 kit from Hull Cartridge. They tend to wait until they've enough orders to make a shipment worthwhile. I had to wait nearly four months for the barrel for my 90 and they don't stock .20 guns, it's always special order only.

I'm glad I changed though, very happy with .20 :thumbs:

Cheers.

He did Andy, but, I reckon they must have figured I'd turn back! My mobile phone has packed up so I couldn't ring to say I was batting on. The roads were very slushy but driveable. Yet there were people abandoning their vehicles and legging it! That's what really caused the delays. It makes no bloody sense! No Yorkshire grit these Southerners! Bit of snow falls and they get a fit of the vapours! :tongue2:

Any idea how much would a .20 barrel cost for an HW80, aside from possibly having to wait till God knows when for one??

Wurz, a knock down, reset-able target or two's a good idea. Must get a few of them for myself

Simon

Edited by pianoman

hi simon,

if youre gonna get a knockdown, may i suggest the type with a shootable re-set disc on it, rather than a stringed one- just stick it in the ground and youre ready to go mate, loads easier!

i wonder if an '80 barrel would be the same as a '95 one, just to get an idea of cost. whatever, it'll be worth it!

cheers, wurz

edited to say- i've been having a squint at anschutz/lothar walther barrels and have found chambers doing .20 walthers for about £100, but still looking for a better option

Edited by gurtwurz