Mike brown whippets?

And if your whips were too small to see game moveing in the beam . . . . .. i dont think height was the problem :icon_eek:

so a 21 ats dog can see as far as a 28ats dog can it :blink:

me thinks you need oot more chief :whistling:

FFS Height has nothin to do with how far a dog can see :blink: ,you mean height gives the dog a better vantage over obsticles, 6" is a lot between the sheets but what are you lamping for 6" to make that big a difference ?????? when you talk about "BIGGER STUFF" dont blame the dog , blame the man behind the light, its horses for courses,the bigger dogs your talkin about in certain situations would be 2nd rate to a whippet but it doesnt mean that bigger dog was inferior in the field just not suited to that situation, seb coe wouldnt live with big linford christie over a sprint but it didnt make him a bad athlete , also your honest enough to say you dont like the man so that explains your BITTERNESS, you take it out on slatin his dogs and tryin to run him down, problem you have mate is people will work his dogs and appreciate them for what they can do ~ not what they cant do.

to true mate just look at his posts hes a fack jelous man sad but true .....:thumbs:

amen to that :boogie:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

And if your whips were too small to see game moveing in the beam . . . . .. i dont think height was the problem :icon_eek:

so a 21 ats dog can see as far as a 28ats dog can it :blink:

me thinks you need oot more chief :whistling:

FFS Height has nothin to do with how far a dog can see :blink: ,you mean height gives the dog a better vantage over obsticles, 6" is a lot between the sheets but what are you lamping for 6" to make that big a difference ?????? when you talk about "BIGGER STUFF" dont blame the dog , blame the man behind the light, its horses for courses,the bigger dogs your talkin about in certain situations would be 2nd rate to a whippet but it doesnt mean that bigger dog was inferior in the field just not suited to that situation, seb coe wouldnt live with big linford christie over a sprint but it didnt make him a bad athlete , also your honest enough to say you dont like the man so that explains your BITTERNESS, you take it out on slatin his dogs and tryin to run him down, problem you have mate is people will work his dogs and appreciate them for what they can do ~ not what they cant do.

to true mate just look at his posts hes a fack jelous man sad but true .....:thumbs:

amen to that :boogie:

:laugh:

What the hell the size of any other breed has to do with this post or any whippets capability i have no idea i agree this topics went like the rest. Only thing i will say is i have seen a fair few whippets take over 20 rabbits regularly with no quarals maybe the land is more suited to them here but its not a hard task if there run properly and on the land i work i have tried various crosses all unsuitable in comparison. Also have to say best fox dog i ever had was a 16" non ped ... Come one get a grip wtf go's through some peoples heads no one stated a whippet with more power than a bullx stamina than a whippet and brains than a collie christ what use is that mine have better coats than deerhounds...

What does hight and how far a dog can see have to do with its abilities on the lamp, a good dog should go down the beam if it can see anything or not as many squatters are not visible to the dog untill he"s allmost on them.

Also due to your hight and dependent on the lay of the land you may be slipping your dog on something you can see but the dog can"t but you would expect your dog to follow the beam untill he becomes sighted

not just that its height dont let it see as far mate, its the lack of height overall which lets the whippet down when being considered for serious lmaping an hunting

lack of height lets a dog down in lots of diffrent situations as you will know if you have ever lamaped or walked all diffrent parts of the country, uneven ground an heather to name but 2

lack of height usually means lack of weight aswell an weight on a dog is a bit of a must if ye given it any ammount of serious graft all dogs will lose condition if run hard, an whippets more so

we all know that lamp dpogs shpuld run the beam an some maybe even most do, but dont kid yerself that everybody oot there has dogs that will run blindly down a beam cos they they dont, i have seen dogs of all breeds types or crosses which wont do it

like i said before an will say again, as a rabbit dog they are excelent little dogs but for the serious lamper or hunter they just wont cut the mustard when compared to a larger more robust purpose bred dog, i.e lurcher to lurcher

:thumbs:

Most of the best lamp dogs I have seen have been 23" and under a pal of mine has this season lamped and caught over 500 rabbits in 7 weeks with a 19" whippet the same dog also saw plenty of daytime work through the same period

good for you mate, 23 is a good size for a lamp dog seen a few that size that were more than capable of doing the job, an THE BEST dogs i have seen on the lamp on all quarry ere more of a mixture of 24/27 ats, i find ye can take them more places an catch more game :thumbs: