Ferret Finder .... Opinions.

Hi All ...

Was out ferreting in the snow yesterday and my locator broke.

Its a MK1 and basically, the dial on the side snapped through the middle (Possably got brittle in the cold).

Now i know its an easy fix and it will be fixed. Plenty of nackered ones on ebay with the dials intact.

But my question is, my birthdays coming up and was wondering about asking for a mk3?

Now iv never used a mk3 and was wondering if people could give me there opinions on them as i know alot still prefer the good old trusty MK1.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Yeah i must admit the MK3 is appealing to me.

It just seems i have heard as many bad things about them as i have good.

Just out of interest,

After i put a new dial on my mk1, how much do you think it is worth with 2xcollars and a leather case, all in great nick...

Oh its the 8ft one....

I have a few mk1s and to be honest never thought I could get to grips with the disco carrot but after being brought a set as a gift its all I ever use now. Still rate the mk1s very highly and if I my mk3 was out of action I would still be more than happy to go out with them again but I have to be honest and say that I honestly beleive the mk3 is the better peice of kit.

Saying that though I still never go out without a grey box in my ferret bag as a back up and there is always one and a terrier collar in my landrover.

ATB

mk1 for me my mate bought a mk3 and it red a foot deeper then the ferret was and ended up chopping the ferret in half

:hmm: surely you felt when you broke into the tunnel :hmm: thats why i like to use the bullnosed shovel you can feel the digging getting easier when you break through :boogie:

i dint kill the ferret this lad i was talking to when i waas in two minds weather to buy a mk3 or keep a mk1 he said dont they read a foot to deep and the black locater stick in side breaks after a few seasons and the mk1s are still running after all them years