your fox traps

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the weather is not a problem you mite want to try rabbit or you can try dog or cat meat i fine thats good. try baiting way from the trap not far 10ft for aweek then bait in the trap. See how you go.

Posted Images

Thats better trap looks ok,with weather like this should be a good un, if You are sure there is defo foxes in the area,try to make sure there are no dead carcases nearby,you dont want to go to all that hard work and find there feeding of a dead sheep in the next field :thumbs:

heart of wales ive seen two kicking about around these 2 fields now ive seen one closer to my house than the trap now ,maybe people feeding them in their garden ?

and that tup in next field has not been touched now in over 3 wks ,i checked that the other day ,so god knows were their feeding

thanks for the tips mate

lee

ps just seen trap from a distance and the legs have gone already? so not sure whats taking the bait as my scent will have been all over it from yesterdays photography shoot,i was all over it

came off nights this morning and sorted my dogs ,chickens and had an hour with my 2 yr old girl so when i went to bed had a quick look at the trap and the door had been dropped,should i go and look or try to get some kip ,all excited i thought i best have an hour or so as the mother in law was sitting the bairn,

so had a walk with the lab and he never bothered with the trap so false alarm (well thats the 1st thought) then on my inspection a nice clean fox ,

phoned my mate to help the dispatch and found it was a good healthy looking dog fox

pixxed off never took a pic sorry everyone

ps just a quick thankyou to heart of wales for the tips, this freeze with have them hungry as they wont be able to scrat into the soil and scavenge

cheers mate much appreciated

lee

This weather is makingthemvery keen on a handy meal from my traps. Had a vixen on Sunday morning and 2 Dog foxes this morning I have 11 cages running at present.15 accounted for since start of Oct.Using Pheasants/ Rabbit as bait with some cheap tinned dog food added for extra smell. Works for me.