cat food / dog food

chimp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had ferrets a mighty long time and they are fed on the best and thats FLESH not stingy by any means I feed them as any carnivore would eat in the wild naturally I've said it before and probab

Why no offence buddy? I'm offended by the nature of his/her posts... I've lost count of the times on here when one of these know it alls join up here and start dictating & tarring all working fer

Posted Images

Just watched a dvd today called ferreting down under, the guy feeds cat and dog biscuits dry or soaked in water over night, he shows workes and races and breeds them and has done so for years he has made a buisness out of it so they carnt do them any harm, has long as they get high protein which cat biscuits are.There were never ferret food around years ago. Its just the FAT CATS making money, the pet trade makes a fortune out of gulable people, what a load of crap.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Ferrets should be fed on a good ferret biscuit as it the ingredients are important to ferrets. Just because you may not see signs of ill health by feeding cat or dog food long term it is doing damage especailly if you do breed the ferret it will cause problems in the pregnancy. We are ferret breeders and rescue offering advice microchipping boarding and more. Our aim is to give ferret owners the correct advice that so many people do not know. There is still plenty of incorrect advice on the website. AS regards to feeding rabbit our ferrets are working stoack as we believe to keep them to their natural lifestyle. They are fed whole rabbit with skins and don't have any problems. Meat should be fed but if not then a good ferret biscuit must be fed.

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT :thumbdown:

:laugh::laugh: Don't piss about mate tell em what you think,but I must agree. :thumbs:

Theres no need to be so rude. I thought the whole point of it is to give advice all ways. If you want to feed crap to your ferrets then fine if your to f*****g stinjy. Sorry that you believe you think you know better than the experts. Generally owners buy animals to care for them wether working or not. I simply was putting my views forward.

And by the way it does make a difference as we are the ones taking care of the ferrets abandoned and unwanted because people can't be bothered to spend money on the right stuff for them so we end up with the vet bills. Wondered why some ferrets die earlier then others. This is only to the idiots that are so rude as to not have a sivel conversation unlike most on here

I agree with ferret-land post. If all complete animal was the same nutritional make up why would there be so many on the market? I have always fed a specially manufactured ferret complete and will continue to do so. If cost is the most important factor to any owner perhaps they should consider whether keeping an animal of any sort is really a good idea, alternatively perhaps if there are more than one owner willing to feed same complete food why not see if buying in bulk is not a way of making it cheaper.

I think the fact that most very cheap ie pennys a packet cat biscuit is usually derived from soya protein .. ferrets are carnivores .. just read the labels on the happy shopper crap & tell me if they contain any dead animal .. i dont mean dead aniaml flavour either :whistling:

I feed raw rabbit, (sometimes whole) raw chicken or whole feathered birds. The only time I've fed a good quality kitten food as a supplement was when I had a large litter a few years back. :thumbs:

Sorry that you believe you think you know better than the experts.

The 'expert' in question being yourself I take it? :hmm: Just what we need, another ferret rescue messiah here to preach to the masses....

There's people on here who have kept long lived ferrets all their lives, 20, 30, 40 & even 50 years in a few cases... :yes: If you want to correct people and try to educate, try to do it without coming across as if you know better than everybody...

And by the way it does make a difference as we are the ones taking care of the ferrets abandoned and unwanted because people can't be bothered to spend money on the right stuff for them so we end up with the vet bills. Wondered why some ferrets die earlier then others. This is only to the idiots that are so rude as to not have a sivel conversation unlike most on here

i think you need to go back to school and learn how to spell :tongue2:

I feed raw rabbit, (sometimes whole) raw chicken or whole feathered birds. The only time I've fed a good quality kitten food as a supplement was when I had a large litter a few years back. :thumbs:

Sorry that you believe you think you know better than the experts.

The 'expert' in question being yourself I take it? :hmm: Just what we need, another ferret rescue messiah here to preach to the masses....

There's people on here who have kept long lived ferrets all their lives, 20, 30, 40 & even 50 years in a few cases... :yes: If you want to correct people and try to educate, try to do it without coming across as if you know better than everybody...

I've had ferrets a mighty long time :whistling: and they are fed on the best and thats FLESH not stingy by any means :thumbs: I feed them as any carnivore would eat in the wild naturally :thumbs:

I've said it before and probably will again" When I see zoos shovelling in biscuits to lions and tigers I'll then believe the £££manufacturers have got it right :thumbs: " till then I'll carry on with the flesh

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

No I was not saying I am an expert but I have actually studied into ferrets and have qualifications which is probably more than you can say. But I didn't even say that. I was actually just trying to give some opinions but it seems like you are the one which apparantly seems best tjones3862 and are you realy that sad to stoop to a level to pick on people on a forum about spelling. You obviously don't give a crap about your animals and I certainly would give you one. We are actually work our ferrets to you know nothing about us but obviously think you do. We are breeders who actually care about how and what is being breed and rehome ferrets out of our own pockets due to wankers like you. You ruin this forum for people who actually want to use it for what it is meant for. I certainly am not using it anymore. At least I take the effort to actually put some helpful info on here unlike your repeated comments of what a load of shit. For the people who generally want to use this forum I feel sorry that you have to contend with these wankers but Im not wasting my time with them. Hope you find out what you need. By the way there is plenty of other ferret forums on the web that you can get help from without these wankers and their stupid comments. As to the original posting I suggest you do your own research into it as your not going to get much help on here but personally even though it comes out of our own pocket and I am full time with them we will only ever feed a good ferret biscuit with plenty of fresh meat. :bye:

I've had ferrets since I was a kid and that was too long ago to want to remember.

I feed mine whole carcass or pet mince, cat biscuit is always available to them, prefer whole carcass because it provides bone and fur to clean the teeth and scour the gut.

I've kept ferrets that have often lived into thier teens....so whats the adverse

long term effect of feeding complete cat food?

I'm also a founder member of a long established ferret rescue society and I've also seen the results of NO food so I believe even cheap cat food is better than nothing. Consequently I don't breed ferrets ALL mine are ALWAYS rescues.

And I've judged ferrets at shows that have known nothing but complete of some kind or other and apart from teeth problems with the older ferrets, have been in good condition .

I haven't "studied into ferrets" but I've lived with them most of my life and find that my feeding regime is successful.

As for "good ferret bisciut" I doubt that such an un-natural diet ,because of the ingrediants, could be described as that whether it's a dog, cat, goldfish or ferret.

However, I do think it's better described as making the very best of a bad deal and in the case of complete foods that's the best you can ask for

I've had ferrets since I was a kid and that was too long ago to want to remember.

I feed mine whole carcass or pet mince, cat biscuit is always available to them, prefer whole carcass because it provides bone and fur to clean the teeth and scour the gut.

I've kept ferrets that have often lived into thier teens....so whats the adverse

I'm also a founder member of a long established ferret rescue society and I've also seen the results of NO food so I believe even cheap cat food is better than nothing. Consequently I don't breed ferrets ALL mine are ALWAYS rescues.

And I've judged ferrets at shows that have known nothing but complete of some kind or other and apart from teeth problems with the older ferrets, have been in good condition .

I haven't "studied into ferrets" but I've lived with them most of my life and find that my feeding regime is successful.

As for "good ferret bisciut" I doubt that such an un-natural diet ,because of the ingrediants, could be described as that whether it's a dog, cat, goldfish or ferret.

However, I do think it's better described as making the very best of a bad deal and in the case of complete foods that's the best you can ask for

And that ferret-land is from experience not just reading books.

Notice how he can also string a few words together to make sense.

Dry food has not been available many years and I believe is a god send (cat food).Dry ferret food is a rip off but if you can afford it good for you I can't.

I do think that coming on here after 15 posts and calling people wa***rs is not the way to win Friends or impress people.

As you say their are many other ferret sights that I am sure will welcome You with that vast knowledge you have,close the door on the way out.

From an old fella that has never in 50+ years lost a ferret :feck::feck: P1

No I was not saying I am an expert but I have actually studied into ferrets and have qualifications which is probably more than you can say. But I didn't even say that. I was actually just trying to give some opinions but it seems like you are the one which apparantly seems best tjones3862 and are you realy that sad to stoop to a level to pick on people on a forum about spelling. You obviously don't give a crap about your animals and I certainly would give you one. We are actually work our ferrets to you know nothing about us but obviously think you do. We are breeders who actually care about how and what is being breed and rehome ferrets out of our own pockets due to wankers like you. You ruin this forum for people who actually want to use it for what it is meant for. I certainly am not using it anymore. At least I take the effort to actually put some helpful info on here unlike your repeated comments of what a load of shit. For the people who generally want to use this forum I feel sorry that you have to contend with these wankers but Im not wasting my time with them. Hope you find out what you need. By the way there is plenty of other ferret forums on the web that you can get help from without these wankers and their stupid comments. As to the original posting I suggest you do your own research into it as your not going to get much help on here but personally even though it comes out of our own pocket and I am full time with them we will only ever feed a good ferret biscuit with plenty of fresh meat. :bye:

Now i can speak from experience .. several years ago i had 2 jill ferrets who were fed a complete ferret food ... ferret complete if i recall correctly ... both jills developed struvite stones as a result of there diet .. now after doing some research i discovered that the most likely connection between struvite stones & diet is the scourse of the protein used ... ie vegetable .. soya call it what you like ... i paid top dollar for that crap .. i havent fed dry food to my ferrets for years .. i stick to meat & have not had a problem regarding stons forming in a ferret since

So some of us do have bad experiences with a complete diet its not the be all & end all

Complete diets in general don't float my boat .. i switched my dogs from complete food to an all meat diet 12 months ago & the difference is unbelievable .. as said in the other post the ferrets have been on all meat for years ...

Most of the foods claim to be the best .. but do we really know if its just compressed sawdust were feeding our animal's ?

Who understands the listings on the packets & if certain things come in certain orders for a reason .. i gave up a long time ago worrying about what dry foods the best.. imo meat is best & thats what they get :thumbs: