Reccomend me a coat.

what I meant was, do you want to use it all year round (four season), so will be a more heavily padded version - or just something water/windproof for spring/autumn (two season...well three really cos of summer).

Do you want camo or non....

In descending price range:

Harkila £££££

Aigle or John Partridge ££££

Deerhunter £££ (BTW, Sportsmanguncentre have some good online deals ATM)

Hurricane (Deben) ££

Army Surplus £

I have always bought trade names (GoreTex for waterproof or Vibram for soles for example) when it comes to technical - GoreTex guarantee waterproofing for the life of the product. If it leaks, you send it to them and they reproof it - simples.....

The Deerhunter pricing at SGC is hard to ignore right now.....

HTH

I have a paramo jacket and although, due to the price, I was a tad worried to say the least about wearing it "in the rough" I'm over the moon with it.

According to their website, due to the way it works, you could prick it all over with pins and it would still be waterproof: don't know whether or not they've actually tried that though. However, mine's had a few brambles thorns piercing it and it still doesn't let a drop of water through. Another great feature is that, even in these temperatures, I'm still only wearing a t-shirt underneath yet it wasn't too hot in the summer either. :thumbs:

I have a paramo jacket and although, due to the price, I was a tad worried to say the least about wearing it "in the rough" I'm over the moon with it.

According to their website, due to the way it works, you could prick it all over with pins and it would still be waterproof: don't know whether or not they've actually tried that though. However, mine's had a few brambles thorns piercing it and it still doesn't let a drop of water through. Another great feature is that, even in these temperatures, I'm still only wearing a t-shirt underneath yet it wasn't too hot in the summer either. :thumbs:

Good post Neal :thumbs:

I do belive that Paramo offer a service where your jacket can be re-enforced, with a much heavier material, to your speck if need be. Yep, obviously a cost to that but... ;)

Edited to add, I bought a Deerhunter Montana two years back, it's the none realtree, with the leather trim, I wear it as my general winter coat, looks really smart and maybe next year i'll 'retire it' to the field.