New to this

raymac

Hello raymac.

Top spring rifle.

Air arms Prosport, or TX200. Or Weihrauch HW80K, HW97K HW95K HW77. All world class accurate sporting air rifles, don't need to buy divers bottles of air to charge them up and you'll have enough change for a decent scope.

It your money mate, but I know what I'd buy. :thumbs:

Simon

The S410 would be my choice, can't fault them, as said before you should get a complete set up for £500 if you look round the for sale forums.

Springers are every bit as good though if you pick the right one, a HW 97K would be my preference, no need for pumps etc with these and they will give the same end result.

You'd be best trying a few guns out if you can though, everyone has their own preferences and opinions vary, if a gun feels right, shoots well and is within your budget then it's the right gun for you.

Above posts have pretty mutch got it sorted altho I would like to add some times it is good to hold and sholder a few and see wich one feels good for you, all above mentioned rifles are great bits of kit.

Good luck with ur purchase and let us kno what you go for,

.atb. .ste.

The best thing to do is to try and find someone who has a springer and someone who has a PCP, then try them out.

best place to start would be your local rifle/air rifle club/range, Just be cheeky and ask someone at the range about their gun. Most of us are a happy bunch and always willing to help.

I have an old BSA Meteor springer, my 1st gun, and sold my HK80 springer and replaced it with an Air Arms s410 carbine pcp rifle which I realy enjoy shooting.

ATB

Mark

Thank you all for your advice

i am just about to start hopeing to

get out and do some shooting for vermin,

i live in kent nr Dover & Canterbury

and would like to meet up with or get help when

looking for permission to shoot on land.

Ray

Thank you all for your advice

i am just about to start hopeing to

get out and do some shooting for vermin,

i live in kent nr Dover & Canterbury

and would like to meet up with or get help when

looking for permission to shoot on land.

Ray

permissions are the hard bit if i am knocking i try and take my 8 year old girl and little dog with me (no camo) this kind of reasures people that i am a family man and not a nutter with a gun i also emphisise that i am fully insured and only ever shoot at a sensible distance and only shoot SAFELY!! thats the one and LEGALLY!!! thats the other. :thumbs: good luck with it.

Have to say i do not have a clue

about any rifles hence the post in the first place, lol

what is the best to start of with shooting rabbits , pigeons, rats, ect.

i think it has been 30 years since i shot anything when in the forces. lol.

i am making sure i get as much right before starting as i can

and not make silly misstakes fingers crossed.

could look at a swap for some carp fishing rods reels all top class gear

that has only been used 5 / 6 times.

Ray

The best thing to do is to try and find someone who has a springer and someone who has a PCP, then try them out.

best place to start would be your local rifle/air rifle club/range, Just be cheeky and ask someone at the range about their gun. Most of us are a happy bunch and always willing to help.

I have an old BSA Meteor springer, my 1st gun, and sold my HK80 springer and replaced it with an Air Arms s410 carbine pcp rifle which I realy enjoy shooting.

ATB

Mark

How do i find out where my nearest club is

Ray

Cheers Fry

I have done a lot of lamping with my dog

in the past and have never gone

anywhere without permission,

but gave that up after having dogs stolen

took up fishing instead . but would like to have a go at shooting.

Ray

Hello there Ray and welcome to this side of the forum :gunsmilie:

If I were you, I'd approach the landowners who let you go lamping with the dogs, I'm pretty sure they would allow you to shoot on their land as you would be continuing to do them the favour of pest control :thumbs: Worth a try? Deffinately :yes:

HOWEVER:

First thing is first:

Go find a club or range (as been said, everyone (well almost everyone) will be delighted to talk, show and let you shoot their pride and joy.

Secondly handling a few different guns will allow you to decide which powerplant you like best, Springer, PCP or Co2.

Thirdly, before you begin doing pest control with airguns; you'll need to put in the practice on paper and metal targets at various ranges until your marksmanship is up to scratch. Once you've got that under your belt,there will be no stopping you, it's both addictive (the hunt); adrenaline fueled and amazingly satisfying watching your quarry go knowing that you've done a good job without it suffering at all.

If there is a local gun shop to you, approach them and ask if there is a club local that they know of. Many will point you in the right direction :yes:

Unless you live in Hull :laugh: where if you ask; they turn around and walk away :thumbdown:

Phantom