My Alsastion... what do you think????????

Guest world.hunters

Both nice dogs, anyone heard of any belgian mals being used in lurcher breeding seem like an ideal cross from what ive seen ;)

someone on here is going to try it i believe. nice dogs by the way lads, simoman how do find yours when it comes to getting into cover? every one ive encountered, upon finding a scent ignores all pain! like a big spaniel in some ways

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't seem to be bothered by cover, during competitions it wasn't unusual for the dog to have to track through nettles, thistles etc. The dogs drive just used to kick in, although nettles on the nose seems a trifle irritating to me :(

They don't seem to be bothered by cover, during competitions it wasn't unusual for the dog to have to track through nettles, thistles etc. The dogs drive just used to kick in, although nettles on the nose seems a trifle irritating to me :(

Ours will go through any cover particulary when they use to hunt charlie they are mad for it, and because they are not recognised hunting dogs as such dont get no bother from Joe public just doing a bit of security work

WORLD HUNTER....YOUR DOG IS ENGLISH GERMAN SHEPERD,THE OTHER IS GERMAN GERMAN SHEPERD,THE DIFFERENCE ,IS IN THE BONES STRUCTURE,THE ENGLISH IS A REFINED ,AND DOCTORED UP FOR THE SHOW FRETERNITY,BIGGER BONED,SLOPING BACK,THE GERMAN DOG IS MORE RACYER,WITH A ROACHY BACK,ALTHOUGH THIS ONE IS THE ORIGINAL ONE,I PREFER THE ENGLISH,I HAD AN ENGLISH BRED OUT OF TOUCH OF CLASS A 7 TIMES CRUFTS WINNER,A STUNNING DOG,AND VERY CLEVER.

ALAS, HE WAS POISONED...........ON YOUR DOG IT LOOKS LIKE ITS FROM THE SAME LINE AS MINE,A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE,IT WOOD BE A CRIME NOT TO GET SOMETHING BACK FROM HER,HOPE YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT ,ALL THE BEST :)

I've worked with dozens and dozens of shepherds and I promise you that the European dogs are far superior, and I am not talking about world hunters dog as I know nothing about it. English dogs do not have the drive, health, hips, agility and mental strengh to compete with the Belgian, Dutch, Slovakian dogs. Try getting a 95lb English bred shepherd over a five bar gate without a stena stair lift and watch it waddle around a show ring, does nothing for me, unfortunately we are seeing it more and more with terriers, dogs that can mince around a show ring but can't perform the job they were originally bred for :no:

There is a hell of a lot more difference between English bred dog and European bred dogs than bone substance. The temperament and drive are so different that they may as well be a separate breed.......

Edited by Simoman
I've worked with dozens and dozens of shepherds and I promise you that the European dogs are far superior, and I am not talking about world hunters dog as I know nothing about it. English dogs do not have the drive, health, hips, agility and mental strengh to compete with the Belgian, Dutch, Slovakian dogs. Try getting a 95lb English bred shepherd over a five bar gate without a stena stair lift and watch it waddle around a show ring, does nothing for me, unfortunately we are seeing it more and more with terriers, dogs that can mince around a show ring but can't perform the job they were originally bred for :no:

There is a hell of a lot more difference between English bred dog and European bred dogs than bone substance. The temperament and drive are so different that they may as well be a separate breed.......

Wouldnt touch anything that has show breeding mostly go for white or long coated ,amongst other things of course

I've used a GSD x collie a few years back. Hard as Nails, coat like a grizzly bear and mustard on fox though she was very hard mouthed on rabbits. Type of dog you could take anywhere for a bit of sport without attracting attention. She lived to be 17 and was one of the best dogs I ever had, Got to agree about some of the current show strains of today too many faults to seriously consider as a breeding line imo.

Katie aged about 14........ :D

katie1.jpg

Guest world.hunters

im not sure if mine is english or german but she is now around the age of 7 and is showing no signs of sloping back ect she stands very well. and hunts well she dont think twice about brambles nettles ect she is straight through them no problem lol.

i would like to look into getting a GSD from proven stock anybody know anyone???

what would people think of this breeding

(1/4 GSD 1/4 whippet 1/2 grey)

what would people think this breeinf would turn out like

cheers