BEST TIME 2 GO OUT WITH THE LAMP

Guest deerhound hunter

best time is very very dark (no moon) gale force wind. and a light rain. so the closest you can get to them conditions the better.

if we all waited for nights like that we never get out

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and you wonder why people dont post on here ffs

Dark Windy Nights are best but..... if you wait for the ideal nights.... you wont get out to often, just use your common sense.

Some Rabbits come out to feed early.... some come out later on.... just get out there and find out for yourself.

Just got back from a hour or 2's Lamping myself.... its only a 10/15 minute walk from the house.

A couple of the fields are at the back of a Pub Car Park so the Rabbits come out that much later to feed due to the noise.... after 1am the Rabbits are well out and settled.

The only way your going to learn the feeding times of the areas you Lamp is to GET OUT THERE ........... :thumbs:

thanks steel & caterpiller & all the others with helpfull information i just wanted to see how things were happening with other lampers at different times of the night caterpiller ur spot on [bANNED TEXT] the rest ur just a waste of time who shouldnt b on a hunting forum your the joke & the fakes i bet half of ya havent even seen a rabbit never mind catch 1 .............

Edited by hunter73

thanks steel & caterpiller & all the others with helpfull information i just wanted to see how things were happening with other lampers at different times of the night caterpiller ur spot on [bANNED TEXT] the rest ur just a waste of time who shouldnt b on a hunting forum your the joke & the fakes i bet half of ya havent even seen a rabbit never mind catch 1 .............

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

was told by an old poacher before that nights with moon up but with cloud cover, were his best nights for taking big numbers

he put it down to the fact that bunnies are more comfortable to travel further out from home because its brighter and not as intimidating for them as a pitch black night,,

only messing mate,happens all the time on this forum,in fact you very rarely see a decent thread on here that doesn,t turn into a slagging match,argument,insults,etc.

Don,t take it to serious,it can also be a laugh and you,ll soon sort the wheat oot from the chaff,atb :thumbs:

Edited by roxy

lol no moon, most the people on here are out hunting in the full moon, as they say on thl you'll be waiting forever for the perfect conditions.

Thats the reason most lads on here moan about poor bag's is due to idiots lamping on sh*t night's, educating everything,lampshy rabbits are everywhere due to the amount of lads with running dog's,its not very often you come on rabbits that have'nt seen the lamp these day's,waiting for the reasonable night's was all part of the lamping game,thats what made the good ones special,decent poacher's in the past used other methods on poor nights,full moon was long nets and roost shooting with an air rifle,snaring was also popular,there are far too many lads roaming about the countryside that don't have a clue,they have been shown by other lads what they think is the game,but its a poor second that they settle for,I know you can get reasonable night's occasionally when the weather's poor but it seem's like a race on this site sometimes to go out just for the sake of saying it,we all like to push the boundaries of sport but if it's not working,then a return to traditional way's proven to work should be used,on the poor night's do some roadwork with your dog and there will be more decent post's on here of good bag's and better nights,I don't suppose this will make the slightest difference to the cityboy hunter's touring the lanes in car's leaving dead carcases everywhere but that seems the norm these day's,this has a knock on effect to all of us in one way or another,atb,wirralman

Edited by wirral countryman

:thumbs:

lol no moon, most the people on here are out hunting in the full moon, as they say on thl you'll be waiting forever for the perfect conditions.

Thats the reason most lads on here moan about poor bag's is due to idiots lamping on sh*t night's, educating everything,lampshy rabbits are everywhere due to the amount of lads with running dog's,its not very often you come on rabbits that have'nt seen the lamp these day's,waiting for the reasonable night's was all part of the lamping game,thats what made the good ones special,decent poacher's in the past used other methods on poor nights,full moon was long nets and roost shooting with an air rifle,snaring was also popular,there are far too many lads roaming about the countryside that don't have a clue,they have been shown by other lads what they think is the game,but its a poor second that they settle for,I know you can get reasonable night's occasionally when the weather's poor but it seem's like a race on this site sometimes to go out just for the sake of saying it,we all like to push the boundaries of sport but if it's not working,then a return to traditional way's proven to work should be used,on the poor night's do some roadwork with your dog and there will be more decent post's on here of good bag's and better nights,I don't suppose this will make the slightest difference to the cityboy hunter's touring the lanes in car's leaving dead carcases everywhere but that seems the norm these day's,this has a knock on effect to all of us in one way or another,atb,wirralman

:thumbs:

your a two bob wanker

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif..

the best time to go is when the keeper is in bed.

helps if there is a bit of wind and cloud cover too.