ferreting with the lurchers

morning all,

well my dog is a couple of years old now and never been ferreting as he's alway's been used as a lamp dog.

Lurchers off this site said we should have a look out with the dog's and ferret's for a change as we've both got pretty strong work commitments and getting out when you want is a pain in the ar*e.

so here goes (red dog mine/ rough dog is Lurchers), we got out late yesterday morning, it was wet but not bad, we had 2 lurchers 3 ferrets a bag full of nets and away we go.

first hedge we decide not to net up and pop in a BIG dog ferret to see what he can bolt! he bolted nothing and just dragged the first rabbit to the hole himself f5.jpg

right time to get something for the dog's, they know that their's some rabbit's about so now they're starting to pay attention

f1.jpg

f12.jpg

f3.jpg

we did eventually get a couple to bolt and the dog's made a good catch each at either side of the hedge so that take the total to 3 so far, we moved onto another burrow an this time it was Lurchers son who caught one as he saw one backing up out of a hole with the ferret on it's nose, the next rabbit was caught by Lurchers himself as we were waiting for the ferrets to come out he just saw a rabbit sitting tight in the hole and just pulled it out, that's 5 in a couple of hours, it's now that constant drizzle rain (WET rain) and we're feckin freezing now so we decide that as soon as the ferret's come out we're going cos my dog is now in a massive huff and shakin like fook

f9.jpg

oh while we were waiting for the ferrets we did see a fox and as my dog was loose he just took of after it (totally by accident) with Lurchers dog in hot pursuit, BUT it was broad day light and the fox had half a field start so no joy there.

so the final count was 5

f10.jpg

and the little pocket rocket wanted a go too

f11.jpg

well i've banged on long enough so a big thank's to Lurchers for a good couple of hours out, as always we put the worlds to rights and the craic was good.

cheers bud

atb natter

thank's for the replies, it was a good day,

the pic's were taken off a mobile and i couldn't enlarge them any more

i have to be honest the pup at the end isn't mine it's Lurchers newest addition to his pack he'll be on later and could probably put a better one up then.

atb natter