puppy training!

I find it hard to believe you have been around dogs from nineteen and still know nothing about them.:whistling:

that is not what im saying.... i have only ever had adult dogs that were already working when i took them on so therfore had no involvment in the training. all i asked was a simple question and all you can do is slate me over my limeted knowlage of raising a pup!

Guest crobinc840

Not saying that I'm more "itellegent" :whistling: than anyone else but you might want to get a furry chase toy on a long rope to get the puppy used to the idea of rabbits and it helps the puppy bond with you. :thumbs: I put a tutorial on how I make my chase toys on here if you wanted to have a look at it. Best of luck with your pup.

Not saying that I'm more "itellegent" :whistling: than anyone else but you might want to get a furry chase toy on a long rope to get the puppy used to the idea of rabbits and it helps the puppy bond with you. :thumbs: I put a tutorial on how I make my chase toys on here if you wanted to have a look at it. Best of luck with your pup.

nice one mate id never have thort of that to be honest,im definatly goin to try that one. have i chose a strange x breed or something as every one is telling me i should have gone for something with either collie or greyhound blood in it? whats wrong with whippet saluki or is it just a personal choice kind of thing?

when i was a kid and i had my first lurcher i got him from the kennels as a stray at around a year old.

me and my mates trained him to chase and retrieve by a rabbit skin tied round a lager can on a long string and one of us would ride as fast as we could across the field on my bike then the other would slip the dog, lol sounds daft but it work for my old dog jet!

when my new boy is old enough im even thinking about useing mt RC car with a skin attached for him to chase lol.

RIP jet my old man who served me well for many years.

post-53506-0-10287200-1290371598_thumb.jpg

Edited by rapidjenky

do short retrives in an ally way or hall way were ever he stops thats were u sit the next u trow it if that doesnt work put the skin or tail on a string so when he stops u can gently pull it telling him wat a great fella he is the closer he gets..hope this might work for ya dont forget he only 10 weeks plenty of play time and fuss for the wee lad good luck wit him mate hope he does u proud

nice one mate id never have thort of that to be honest,im definatly goin to try that one. have i chose a strange x breed or something as every one is telling me i should have gone for something with either collie or greyhound blood in it? whats wrong with whippet saluki or is it just a personal choice kind of thing?

Everybodys got their own opinions mate, especially on this forum, :laugh:

If you like the pup thats all that matters, :thumbs:

do short retrives in an ally way or hall way were ever he stops thats were u sit the next u trow it if that doesnt work put the skin or tail on a string so when he stops u can gently pull it telling him wat a great fella he is the closer he gets..hope this might work for ya dont forget he only 10 weeks plenty of play time and fuss for the wee lad good luck wit him mate hope he does u proud

cheers mate.. i no she is still very young and has a long way to go. and funnily enuff she has just brought her dummy to me for the first time as i was typing this!!!!! i just hope she grows to be as good as my old boy who past on not so long ago