sadam being hung

Guest Macnas

I don't agree with capital punishment, but it's their country, their rules.

There is a couple of things about it though:

1.His behaviour was such that it will embellish his reputation (posthumously of course) even more among his supporters.

2.The whole affair did look amatuerish, as pointed out previously. It's not doing the Iraqi government any good.

3.Now they have a super-martyr.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mucker

If everyone was expecting remorse or fear from Saddam, it never came.

He was as cool as a cucumber in the face of imminent death.

He did'nt look very Fonzy to me when the Yanks found him hid in the outside bog, oddly enough he did'nt fancy a read & write either..what a strange man.

Oneredtrim.

:clapper:

sad fact of the mater is,that we as a country have stood by the US in the capture and handing over of him makes us a fair target to his supporters anger. With the hanging of that one man does it make the world a safer place? course not. If anything there will now be a massive power struggle with all the wanna b's standing in line to take his place. Its funny how this govenment has now begun to back peddle on its stance against the way it has been carried out, is this an attempt tp be seen as though we dont realy agree with what has happened in a nieve attempt to disstance ourselves from the world of shit that will surely erupt now that this has happened?

Dont get me wrong, im not for one moment saying justice shouldnt have been served but take a look at the bigger picture, why was it that in the 80s we and the Us didnt try and topple him then, when he was killing thousands of Curds? was it because the US had no way of getting their hands on the wealth of there oil fields? as sadams naighbours at that time were tollerating him and his actions they had no allies to help with there take over bid.

Why if ours and the american government feel so strongly about dictatorship in other countries are we letting it happen in so many third world countries?

Why, because there is nothing we can take from doing so as thay have no oilfields,no wealth and we dont want to be lumbered with the cost of rebuilding a country that has nothing to offer us.

Are we safer in this country because of it? are we feck!

Guest craftycarper

Good riddance i say, in fact i was a bit dissapointed with the quality of the film it was shite, bloody cameraman should be hung for that. On a more serious note he had it coming, the punishment reflected the crimes he commited and for a change justice was done, if we had some of that in this country it would not be going down hill as quickly as it has of late. Bloody locking people up for life, feeding them three square meals a day, bloody private health care, paid work, internet access, day trips out and in some cases the oppurtunity to purchase lottery tickets then win the bloody jackpot, poxy country run by bloody idiots with no backbone and all of the above being paid by who...YOU

Guest Deerstalker

[Glad to see some one talking sense (CRAFTY) That was to good a punishment fore him and if that's the way his own people want it then so be it. Wasn't it his way and his laws that were followed

Guest craftycarper
[Glad to see some one talking sense (CRAFTY) That was to good a punishment fore him and if that's the way his own people want it then so be it. Wasn't it his way and his laws that were followed

to be honest i think he got off lightly, no torturing but a quick death at least his sons got riddled with lead, their just deserts.

I'm all for the death penalty if the case is proven DNA is spot on these day's, the likes of huntley & whitting should be strung up as far as i'm concerned before some do-gooder releases them instead of being kept by us.

sad fact of the mater is,that we as a country have stood by the US in the capture and handing over of him makes us a fair target to his supporters anger. With the hanging of that one man does it make the world a safer place? course not. If anything there will now be a massive power struggle with all the wanna b's standing in line to take his place. Its funny how this govenment has now begun to back peddle on its stance against the way it has been carried out, is this an attempt tp be seen as though we dont realy agree with what has happened in a nieve attempt to disstance ourselves from the world of shit that will surely erupt now that this has happened?

Dont get me wrong, im not for one moment saying justice shouldnt have been served but take a look at the bigger picture, why was it that in the 80s we and the Us didnt try and topple him then, when he was killing thousands of Curds? was it because the US had no way of getting their hands on the wealth of there oil fields? as sadams naighbours at that time were tollerating him and his actions they had no allies to help with there take over bid.

Why if ours and the american government feel so strongly about dictatorship in other countries are we letting it happen in so many third world countries?

Why, because there is nothing we can take from doing so as thay have no oilfields,no wealth and we dont want to be lumbered with the cost of rebuilding a country that has nothing to offer us.

Are we safer in this country because of it? are we feck!

Well said

Its fair to say the guy was a big time tyrant but its also fair to say that their is alot worse in this world still walking about heads held high without a noose around their necks! scum like Mugabi who had thousands of white farmers mutilated.

All said and done Iraq is now being smashed brought about by a so called invasion in search for

"Weapons Of Mass Distruction", things soon got out of control to a total bloodbath which looks unrepairable, even the Iraqi's are hell bent on killing each other with every means possible.

I'm probably well wrong hear! but the guy seemed like the only person who kept the place under any sort of control, its even being mentioned now that there is evidence coming through after his hanging that it was'nt him who Gassed the kurds but he did have somehwere around 150 people executed for a upriseing against him.

He should have been banged up and forgot about, like someone said in a previouse post he will now be made a "Martyr" by anyone supporting him which mean more suicide attacks or whatever! I'll give him his doo's though!! he walked to them Gallows and took it like a man and didn't kick and scream like I suspect Blair and Bush would ;).

Guest mucker
Its fair to say the guy was a big time tyrant but its also fair to say that their is alot worse in this world still walking about heads held high without a noose around their necks! scum like Mugabi who had thousands of white farmers mutilated.

was thinking exactly the same this morning :yes:and if mugabi was sitting on sh*te load of oil maybe we,d have done something about him and all the others.

i really couldnt give a toss what he did in his own back yard with his own people,we should have left him to it...

the problem when you invade a country is, we as a nation try and install our western views and ideals but this never works. when you look at the social differances between us and them its no wonder they look upon us as they did back in the crusades, we invade, we take,we impose our will and then moan when they make a stand for thier rights.

A good friend of mine has just (2mths) came back on leave from there and he said that the majority of locals fear the americans and the British more than they feared sadam, Why can this be? He also stated that the locals have such a shit life style now with all the trouble that has been caused by this power struggle. Now as a man who has never served in the army i dont think i have the right to spout about the rights and wrongs of the armys being there but as my friend said "" thay planed the take over,thay planed the siezing of those in power but they havnt planed a withdrawl and the handing over of power""

with this in mind is it any wonder that a stalemate has begun to evolve?

As for the hanging of saddam i think it will only serve to add fuel to the burning hatered of the British and American alliance. As for the full implications of his hanging i think we will all have to wait and see what effect it has on this troubled world.

Like what has been said by a few on here ,why stop at saddam as there are a feck of a lot worse people in power who this government seem to ignore?

Guest The Big Fish

What is done is done, aint no going back!

I watched that video just out of curiosity and was shocked at how things were handled.

If someone has to die to pay for thier sins, then surely it should be done in a calm and proper manner, no?