I'm At It Again! (At Last! THE Mink Trapping Post!)

Guest Ditch_Shitter

There will be a pair of my girlfriends finest unwashed in the post tomorrow, if that doesn't get old minky in there you best give up and come back home mate!!!!

:stinker:

i,m trying to catch a mink aswell , honest, :whistle: any chance of a nice pair of nickers for me ?

:D Much more of this, Moles, and I shall go out there, hunt down a mink and stuff the b*stard into that damn trap with my bare hands, mate!

Water weed's an idea. (Wood and Tree's springs to mind here). Though the reality is that it's f*cking cold out there and I try not to get my hands into that icey water, if I can avoid it. Anyway, as I say; He's gone in there before, naked. I just want to see what'll work. I'm enjoying the experiment so far and learning a lot as I plod along.

Today I found no further tracks in the sand. What I've done now is to slide a perfectly fitting, well rotten piece of old floor board under the trap. Now he'll feel only the ridges of the bars. Not a void beneath them. Let's give this a few days and see what the bugger does next.

If this doesn't get him, I'll try adding the Lure. That fails? I'll cover the damn trap, if I have to take my pitch fork down there!

Just thinking; I started all this with trying to snare one, back in the summer. One of these days I really must go back and get the date I started out on. Surely this must be the longest running episode of completely shameless public humilliation any man's ever exposed himself to?!

Got to hand it to me though; I have as much staying power as brass f*cking neck! :rofl:

so this book you are writing , whats it called ?, is it titled something like the works of mr carnegie ? "how NOT to trap and snare "by D ,Shitter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I think, Moles, that ye may be getting confused over my earlier work? That was the, in it's time, runaway best seller ~ now, sadly, long out of print and a highly valued Collectors Item:

Pity ye were too tight to shell out for that one either! :whistle:

Make sure your fish is fresh and use alot. You can take your fish in the summer, gut them, chunk then and layer in between rock salt. You'll have a bait that can take a good freeze and give off some good odor.

Mink aren't that hard to trap, Just gang set for them.

Edited by NightRunner
I think, Moles, that ye may be getting confused over my earlier work? That was the, in it's time, runaway best seller ~ now, sadly, long out of print and a highly valued Collectors Item:

Pity ye were too tight to shell out for that one either! :whistle:

:clapper:

i think my book-mad mother might have a copy! :laugh:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I f*ckin Caught One! :censored: Poxy board under the cage did it. B*stard went in there and tried to get the well ripe Wood Mouse I was using for bait! Hoo F*cking Ray! Ditch Shitter Finally caught himself a f*cking mink on the Styx! :censored:

Here's what he did to the mouse, trying to wrest it free, as he stamped all over that oh so finely set treadle plate:

Neck Hold

Can't ye just imagine him, gripping that damn mouse by the throat there, tugging and snarling as he tried to rip him free? Bet he didn't even notice those double gates slamming and the locking bars dropping down to ensure he was there for me when I came to find him? :censored:

Only Guess what f*cking found him first! And just LOOK at what that b*stard did to my f*cking Cage Trap!

WRECKED!!!

Well, F*ck any Dog walkers who wants to come poncing in here and tell me how to go after vermin. Tomorrow I'm going after some Vermin on my own terms. Don't expect stories of pictures here. The place has a smell about it these days.

But, as of tomorrow; I'm hunting in earnest. All the above was for the craic. A bit of a laugh. I'm Not laughing now. Now slaughter comes to the bogs. On My terms :angry:

Apologies to all the people I've seen trying to make sense of the odd picture and bit of text tonight. It took me over an hour to get this site to accept this Post.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Bloody badgers :angry: Tracks showed that. It's ironic; I set a cage to prevent accidents with Pine Marten, because they're protected. I catch a mink and what happens? Protected f*cking badger destroys my cage and steals my bloody mink!

Rick; I slung that cage back in my store and, to be honest with ye, haven't even had the heart to examine the extensive looking state of the thing yet. It was also part of my damn Collection and my only Fenn Mink trap of that specific design. Never should've risked it. Now I need to get another one and keep that safe.

Anyway, I have another trick up my sleeve yet. I'll get on terms with the b*stards yet. You'll see ;)

20 Yards Downstream ~ Today!

I'll be back! :yes:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Yeppers. I'm showing plain old fish scales, mate. I'm sorry I never thought to put my usual guaging object (a Zippo lighter) in the frame. But maybe ye can tell by the grass blades? They're certainly off a normal sized fish. Roach or something like that. Certailnly no Gudgeon! Amazed me that there should be Any fish in that ditch ~ till I discivered it's five feet f*cking deep! :icon_eek:

Anyway, yeppers, so there's 100% certainly mink on it - badgers and Piney's don't dive in and bring out fish! I have another plan for them now. As I always tell my clients; You may try a drop of poison from the shop, or maybe a trap. Then ye have to give up and call me in. Me? I'm a Pro'. And Pro's are Pro's because we Always have yet another trick up our sleeves! :D I've had unbelievable problems to over come here. But I'll work my way round them and show ye a mink :good:

As for that strange stuff you found, TF? I'm absolutely f*cked, mate! See my reply to ye own Thread :unsure:

Ditch,

Shame about your Fenn cage - I will keep a look out for another one for you. They are almost too good to use for mink!

I will look forward to see what the next plan of attack will be . . .

T F

That jelly stuff has something to do with frogs. It may be that it is unfertilised spawn or something but I am finding it all over the place, but never too far away from the frogspawn filled ditches and puddles.

OTC

Guest Ditch_Shitter

OTC; Ye quite correct about that stuff being unfertalised spawn. I'm convinced of that. Having got my own shit together I took a good look at TFS's shot on his own Thread and saw it more clearly.

Regards the cage; I'll just have to buy a new one - for my Collection :( There's an outfit over here sells Fenn spring traps. Don't know if they do the cages. Otherwise shipping's a bitch!