good size hare

Guest joely b

this is me now just logged in on me mates comp in my name ..... can some of you lads that have commentad on this in a negative way what the hell are yous on here for just to look at pictures and talk rubbish really . this is a hunting site and at the end of the day if i went and told a man that has played golf for 20 years plus that he could not play golf ever again how would he feel and would he take any notice . as for me i have had dogs for 20 year plus so i will catch what i like where i like . and i would think i would no what agood size hare was as i have had plenty in my day

fair play then really, photos can be very deceptive i know.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really cant see the problem shooting hares , piss poor excuse ' the hare is for running' lol the hare eats 4 times as much as a rabbit and guess what.... a rabbit can run too so can a deer so can a fo

On the theme of your golfing analogy....suppose you were playing golf and noticed that your partner was knocking the ball around the course with various clubs as per the rules of the game whilst you w

No wonder hunting gets such a bad name with idiots like you posting stuff like this on an open forum. Shame on you. Think before you post..

Posted Images

this is me now just logged in on me mates comp in my name ..... can some of you lads that have commentad on this in a negative way what the hell are yous on here for just to look at pictures and talk rubbish really . this is a hunting site and at the end of the day if i went and told a man that has played golf for 20 years plus that he could not play golf ever again how would he feel and would he take any notice . as for me i have had dogs for 20 year plus so i will catch what i like where i like . and i would think i would no what agood size hare was as i have had plenty in my day

It does not matter what computer you are on its your username and your account so it makes no difference.

Do you still have the Hare.Take a photo of it with the with something in the background or something in the picture to give a sense of scale you could put the dog in the pick and state the height or hold it up beside a wheelie bin or a door.

On the theme of your golfing analogy....suppose you were playing golf and noticed that your partner was knocking the ball around the course with various clubs as per the rules of the game whilst you were carrying your ball in your pocket and dropping it onto the green beside the flag. Would you expect him to congratulate you on getting round with the least shots?

I realise that for some there are no rules, just results, but there will be many other opinions just as valid as yours or mine.

• Like 2

As I said in my post I wasn't taking sides but offering my opinion. Personally I wouldn't consider any pic of a hare taken with the aid of a lamp worthy of a fanfare....but each to his own. And each to his own opinion.

got to agree with you bolio...Like you said each to there own...

Its like these folk who go out in numbers on drives, killing ex amount of hares. to me it seems a total waste and barbaric but to them they love it..

Same as the shooter boys, they get off on shoting hares, even tho it is the easiest thing to hit sat out in the middle of a field....

We dont agree with lamping hares. Everyone has there preference. At the end of the day the hardest way to catch a hare is with a dog in day light hours...

Im a 'shooter boy' and i assume your refering to the several posts about driven hare days that are in my thread in the shooting section. Its not done for a kick :doh: its a necessary cull thats all.

But as i dont even have a lurcher i cant comment on anything else really lol

peace out

Edited by samearl14

sorry but when a hare gets up in front off you does it have a sign on its back saying am a milky doe am a leveret am a big buck hare no you slip your dog and hope for the best.The season is from september to feb and in september your going kill leverets fact.A mate Was out two weeks ago caught 5 hares two bucks and 3 does two off the does full young ones at this time year if it happens it happens.Only good hare is a dead hare lamped or during day fair play to you fella and the dog sick death hearing all the rules from hare men if you lamp and there is a hare well the hare is fair play imoa.

Here speaks a man with experience!!! Go on then how many has your 2 yr old dog had....

what does that mean??? and 2 year old thinking your barking up wrong tree fella

Guest joely b

dsc00016og.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us wasnt really a lurcher it was this thats why its not got a mark on it, jesus has the hare got of been in a mess like i sed many many a time when i been down the fens with the lads and bagged 6s and 7s with mates dogs not mine most of them hares didnt to seem if they had been dogged .

As I said in my post I wasn't taking sides but offering my opinion. Personally I wouldn't consider any pic of a hare taken with the aid of a lamp worthy of a fanfare....but each to his own. And each to his own opinion.

l hunt both day and night what people have remember that it is a lucher after the hare at night not a longdog built and breed for the day time hare.Most hares that are caught at night by a lamping dog are in small fields because in big open fields on the lamp most lamping dogs could not keep up with a good hare.

HOW THE f**k DO YOU KNOW!! YOU HAVE ONLY OWNED A LURCHER FOR 2 SEASONS, AND ONE OF THEM IT WAS A PUP!!

Had lucher past 3 seasons because l got out off the game been doing it from l was 15 but stop because got 3 my dogs poisoned and had enough now been back past three year and have 3 dogs now l have seen and done most things seen the best off days and seen the bad days but that is life don't question me about what l know and don't know .You tell what l said was wrong?????

sorry but when a hare gets up in front off you does it have a sign on its back saying am a milky doe am a leveret am a big buck hare no you slip your dog and hope for the best.The season is from september to feb and in september your going kill leverets fact.A mate Was out two weeks ago caught 5 hares two bucks and 3 does two off the does full young ones at this time year if it happens it happens.Only good hare is a dead hare lamped or during day fair play to you fella and the dog sick death hearing all the rules from hare men if you lamp and there is a hare well the hare is fair play imoa.

Out of interest, why is the only good hare a dead hare? Just wondered.

yeah maybee so, but a young dog of nine month finding, coursing and catching in the light is something i was pround of, proud as punch mate. :notworthy:

proud of a nine month old dog coursing a hare, you were lucky you never killed the dog then, the lungs arnt even fully developed, show some respect for working dogs, i dont get involved in these argumentments. im amazed of your degree, but then again could be all brains and no common sense .