I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS TODAY !!!!!!!!

I dont mind a bit of snow but last year was a piss take,up north we had 3ft of snow for 5wk's which killed of all the barn owls and kestrels as they could not get to the voles and it wiped all the wren population out as well,it was that bad the sheep even struggled to walk through it and the crappy council ran out of rock salt to grit all the roads,one good thing though it sorted all the young boy racers out who have never driven in snow before who thought they could still do a million MPH,sadly a lot found out they could not and they was stuffed cars all over the country.

Yup, i agree with all of the above. It was bloody hard going last winter. I must have towed dozens of stranded folk, but then i realised they were coming up here just to " experience " the deep snow FFS. Left the townies to it after that.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know they had a slight dusting on the Snake pass near me

Posted Images

This got me thinking so I did a bit of checking and found this graph from Rutger University which shows that the past decade has been the snowiest in the northern hemisphere since they started measuring and recording it.

2000_decade_snow.png

Since the graph only starts in '67 however, I assume the big freeze of '63 would have helped bring that decade up to and maybe beyond the present one.

they have forcast snow for here i hope its only a sprinkle :laugh:

But surely where you are Kay, its "hot" enough to melt any amount of snow? :laugh: :laugh:

Where is that bucket?....... :search:

they have forcast snow for here i hope its only a sprinkle :laugh:

But surely where you are Kay, its "hot" enough to melt any amount of snow? :laugh: :laugh:

I can just imagine you giving a bird the once over, and going " Ding Dong " :laugh:

I think John has to "imagine" too......... :whistling: