does the allround lurcher

Guest deerhound hunter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this thread is a ridiculous,ive owned malmute xs and there no match for a good bullx, thats what its all about with trigger an flint,they call me a bully but im open to offers with challenges for my

And bad bull x's are very,very common.........not knocking bull x's its just the sheer volume of the breed around.

slow down,big bully types may be but a 1\4 wouldnt slow a lurcher down,ive seen good half crosses plenty quick enough for rabbits,hare and fallow but thats different to the original question, for me

Posted Images

i have the best all round bitch on here

what a prick

it wasnt even me what wrote that,but seeing as your so rude about it,

you wont even show people your rubbish run,well try to run,

obviously i need to change my password but if you look at my other posts you would see i dont write shit like that,

the best is a big word that needs to be proved,

a dog is only as good as its last session,

We have a 23" bitch 1/2greyhound, 7/8th whippet and 1/8th deerhound - she is the best bitch we've ever had and had to travel some 2.5 hours to put a similar type dog with no bull over her recently, had a lovely litter.

We also have a bitch with 1/4 bull in her - don't get me wrong - nice dog, does the job but the bitch with no bull outruns her time and time again - she's also 4 years older than her - so it could just be the experience?

For us we prefer them with no bull - but suppose its all down to preference.

The bull bitch is closest in the pic and the whippet/greyhound is furthest away.

the worst dog i ever saw was a bull cross,but ive had the pleasure to see some realy great bull x's work,rat rabbit, fox, hare,pre ban :icon_redface: the other crosses that will do all these are very rare,but they do turn up,

We have a 23" bitch 1/2greyhound, 7/8th whippet and 1/8th deerhound - she is the best bitch we've ever had and had to travel some 2.5 hours to put a similar type dog with no bull over her recently, had a lovely litter.

We also have a bitch with 1/4 bull in her - don't get me wrong - nice dog, does the job but the bitch with no bull outruns her time and time again - she's also 4 years older than her - so it could just be the experience?

The bull bitch is closest in the pic and the whippet/greyhound is furthest away.

the worst dog i ever saw was a bull cross,but ive had the pleasure to see some realy great bull x's work,rat rabbit, fox, hare,pre ban :icon_redface: the other crosses that will do all these are very rare,but they do turn up,

bull xs are very common,german shepherd xs and similar xs are not so common

And bad bull x's are very,very common.........not knocking bull x's its just the sheer volume of the breed around.

• Like 2

german shepherds xs,iv only seen afew but i cant say iv seen a bad one.

I've probably only seen a handful of GSD x's,one loved the wooly-backs but the others were spot on :thumbs:

We have a 23" bitch 1/2greyhound, 3/8th whippet and 1/8th deerhound - she is the best bitch we've ever had and had to travel some 2.5 hours to put a similar type dog with no bull over her recently, had a lovely litter.

We have a 23" bitch 1/2greyhound, 3/8th whippet and 1/8th deerhound - she is the best bitch we've ever had and had to travel some 2.5 hours to put a similar type dog with no bull over her recently, had a lovely litter.

They are much much more popular than they used to be. When I had my first lurcher about 7 years ago - you didn't used to see many bull x's about at all. I don't think there is such a thing as an all rounder - you will keep a dog that suits what you want it to do - I think as long as it does what you want it to and has a heart of a lion you've got your perfect dog. You'll take a different dog out depending on what you're wanting to do with it and what you're wanting it to do I think.

german shepherds xs,iv only seen afew but i cant say iv seen a bad one.

my womans german sheperd was brill at hunting nd wouldnt stand to anydog,if she see's this she wont be happy,lol as she was at work while i took it hunting,,hahahaha boy could that dog kill german afficiency springs to mind,, evil laugh :whistling:

just heard alot of people say that the best allround lurchers are their bullsx ,do,nt get me wrong i keep bull x my self and have no problem with them whats o ever ,just wondering years ago when people wer,nt breeding bulls into their lurchers ,the deerhounds,collies,salukis,weatons,beddys they all done the job ,so do yous lads think they still can do the job without bull in the mix ,for me the best allround lurcher must have ;good feet ;good nose;good brain;stamina;a nice deep chest;high preydrive ,you could proberly get this in some bullx ,just want your opions lads and lasses ,as above said do yous think that the best allrounder lurcher have 2 bull in their i the mix ,.....atb...dh :thumbs:

sledge hammers to crack nuts in my opinion !

Edited by superfurryanimal

just heard alot of people say that the best allround lurchers are their bullsx ,do,nt get me wrong i keep bull x my self and have no problem with them whats o ever ,just wondering years ago when people wer,nt breeding bulls into their lurchers ,the deerhounds,collies,salukis,weatons,beddys they all done the job ,so do yous lads think they still can do the job without bull in the mix ,for me the best allround lurcher must have ;good feet ;good nose;good brain;stamina;a nice deep chest;high preydrive ,you could proberly get this in some bullx ,just want your opions lads and lasses ,as above said do yous think that the best allrounder lurcher have 2 bull in their i the mix ,.....atb...dh :thumbs:

sledge hammers to crack nuts in my opinion !

:icon_redface: bet your nuts are all rounded,,lol

i have the best all round bitch on here

what a prick

it wasnt even me what wrote that,but seeing as your so rude about it,

you wont even show people your rubbish run,well try to run,

obviously i need to change my password but if you look at my other posts you would see i dont write shit like that,

the best is a big word that needs to be proved,

a dog is only as good as its last session,

do you admit that if you had wrote it you would have been a prick,i can honestly say i have got one of the best half x malamute greyhounds in the country,with out being a prick,why did you take so long to answer,or was it the drink talking

can honestly say i got 1 a the best half cross malamute grey in the country :rofl:

fecking hell that tickled me.........

aint it the only worked half x malamute in the country :rofl: