FX T12 Whisper VS HW 100

Hey,

Over the last few weeks I've been thinking of buying a Pcp air rifle, thinking being the key word, not sure i will really.

I currently have a HW 97k which was my first and only rifle, Which is good and i'm happy with it, I just quite like the idea of having a multishot magazine and little recoil,if any.

Ive never tried a pcp before, so been doing a bit of reading around as to whats best etc.

Ive narrowed it down to either the FX Tx12 Whisper £619 or a Wierauch 100 £719

http://www.fxairguns.com/product.asp?id=t12whisper

From reviews i've read, Both seem quite good guns, But im leaning towards the Whisper, Mainly for the looks, And partly because its a bit lighter and £100 cheaper :whistling: , Though they arent major concerns.

Just wondering if anyone on here has used the Whisper or heard of any bad faults with them etc, And your thoughts on Whisper vs HW 100?

Edit- Also undecided on .177 or .22, Thinking of going .177 for better accuracy and from what ive read if you hit in the correct place, Theres not alot of diffrence.

Edited by Thomson

Allthough im Air Arms through and through , the HW100 is a damn fine bit of kit . For me between the two there would be no choise , it simply is the HW100 , end of . That said , there are plenty of second hand air rifles about that will cost you considerably less than the amount you have said your willing to pay , you must remember that with any PCP you will need means to charge it , a bottle or a pump , and if you get a good second hand one you can get all the `extras` and save a few bob , Buster

hi buddy

i would go for HW100 over the FX,simply because i did own a HW100.

very accurate rifle,consistent!and very quiet.

cal dose not matter! if ya hitting the kill zone,the bunny aint going to tell the difference!!

will say this though if ya have noodle arms,then you might find the weight a problem :thumbs:

regards

davy

Never heard anthing bad about the 100 :boogie:

Not heard much good about the FX rifles, but whatever you decide on, FX Pellets are about as good as they come :victory:

Welcome home Sean, how was the hot dry sandy place?

Phantom

Hi Thomson.

I'm a confirmed spring rifle man but, if I was in the market for a PCP and had to make a choice between the HW100 and an FX rifle, it would be the HW100 -but only if they made that sweet Bavaria stock available to us left handers. Fantastic rifle and I enjoyed trying out the one I shot with in the summer.

I also tried an FX Cyclone Delux in walnut. It was a left handed stock version and though I'm happy to had the experience of both, I found the FX rifle TOO light and bit dainty in build quality; a bit like a Swiss watch. It's bolt is a drawback lever and very smooth in operation it was, but there was nothing much to assure me that the rifle overall, would stand up to prolonged hard use in the hunting field, but, it was superbly accurate as a rifle can be and I'm pleased I had a chance to shoot with it.

If there was a winner for me, it was the HW100 -albeit by a certain narrow margin. Accuracy-wise there was little to choose between the two rifles. But It felt weightier than the FX, much more solidly built and the silencer was amazingly quiet. I really liked the lever drawback bolt and it handled more substantially with having a bit of weight to it. If they made it a true left hander and a bit longer, I'd certainly be persuaded to buy it.

ATB

Simon

Hey, Thanks for all the replys.

Seems Hw100 is the favourite :)

After Half'n'Halfs post i had a look at the cyclone which i had previously missed somehow.

Spent most of today reading reviews etc on it, and it seems the decision is now between FX Cyclone or Hw100, So thanks for that post also pianoman :)

Not in a rush to buy one, so got plenty of time to decide on which.

Will be keeping my eye on the local gunshops 2nd hand guns to see if either pop up.

Thanks again

Your most welcome from me Thomson.

Give the FX Cyclone a fair hearing as it's a very nice shooting rifle and the one I tried was superbly accurate. It's really well made and I understand Ben Taylor had a hand in the design of it's regulator. As he was also the Ben in Theoben, I guess he knows his stuff! It was the weight of the HW100 -coupled with the fact that I'm a huge Weihrauch spring gun fan that tipped that rifle in my favour but, it was by no means a winner by a mile! Hope you find a happy outcome whichever you choose.

ATB

Simon