trout fishing

The water doesnt hold specimen roach... trust me if i (or even you the you the best man in the world) tried to fish it in the day with a rod and line, i would be caught within 30 seconds, im thinking about night fishing it now with a glow in the dark float tip, spraying a few maggots with a bunch on the hook or a big juicy worm

You can see a star light from about 50 yards or more, well funny when you shine a lamp in their faces and watching them fall over running into things dropping all their stuff. And how do you know it doesn't hold specimen fish if you can't fish it?

exactly leegreen well said pal. I just couldnt even be arsed answering the point that he knew there was none in!!!!

what do you think i just guessed that it didnt :doh: idiot, some people are aloud to fish it but im not, it only holds pike and trout

And i'm an idiot because "you guessed" that there were no roach in it....... :whistling::whistling:

Can you come over to a forest mate, and have a look at it.. Then guess if there are any deer in it or not.... :whistling::whistling:

I wonder if there are an crusian in this water......ermmmmm, at a guess, "no".. :whistling::whistling:

i was being sarcastic, i know becuase like i said some people are aloud to fish it, btw if you need anymore signs reading just give me a shout :thumbs:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly mackem dosent post on here anymore , but he'd be the man to give you the answers personally id stick to a rod and reel

• 2 weeks later...

ALL YOU CXXXS SHOULD BE ASHAMED YOUVE ALL DONE IT YOURSELFS. A WEE BOY WANTING TO LEARN

SHAME ON YOU .

GET A PEICE OF WOOD 2FT BY1 1/2 DRILL2 HOLES1IN FROM THE TOP 1IN FROM EITHER SIDE 2

GET A OLD COAT HANGER THE THICK WIRE TYPE AND STRAIGHTN IT FLAT HOOK THE ENDS THROUGH THE HOLES.NOW TAKE A RING OF ANY KEYRING AND SLIP IT ONTO YOUR COATHANGER THE RING SHOULD BE SLIDING THE FULL LENGTH OF YOUR BOARD.BEND AND ATTACH THE HOOKS OF YOUR WIRE TO YOUR BOARD MAKE IT SOLID

GET SOME SHEET LEAD9IN SQUARE.PUNCH 4 HOLES IN THE CORNERS.NOW FILL THE BATH WITH WATER DEEP.FIX THE LEAD TO BOTH SIDES OF YOUR BOARD.BEND IT SO IT IS EQUAL ON BOTH SIDES AND IS WEIGHTING YOUR BOARD DOWN.BY NOW 3/4 SHOULD BE UNDERWATER BUT STILL FLOATING IF NOT CUT SOME LEAD OFF TILL ITS PERFECT.THEN DRILL A HOLE 1FT MIDDLE OF YOUR BOARD 2IN IN ATTACH 50LB LINE 10FTLONG AND ATTACH 20 8LB CASTS WITH 10 WET FLYS N10 DRY FLYS.SORRY SON FORGOT GET 100M OF PARA CORD OR NYLIN STRING ANDPUT IT THROUGH YOUR SLIDING RING PULL LEFT YOUR BOARD WILL GO OUT /PULL RIGHT ITLL COME IN.

NOW YOUVE GOT A OTTERBOARD.GO AND LEARN WEE BARRA.

Guest underdog

I love the way folk try and take the moral high ground on here. Instead of jumping down the guys throat, why not explain why such methods as a dead line aren't acceptable? As for people condemning poaching :rolleyes: this is where folk seem to think the word poaching means cruelty and using outlawed engines as a means of catching fish. Yes, gang poachers might use otter boards and nets to catch large quantities but thats because they only have a limited time to catch as many as they can, what would you use? Not all poachers are "professional" and aren't all trying to make a living from it. If you have fished a brook, pond, lake, loch or river throughout your life without first, asking permission to be there then your likely to have been poaching.

It doesn't even stop there, the method you fish can deem you as a poacher... If your wading and shuffle your feet for instance. if you use a worm in a fly only river but in the same river only a mile down the road its perfectly legal to do so. I used to do a lot of boarding on large lochs in Scotland to catch wild brown trout. Gasps of horror from the fly fisherman. It doesn't make it cruel for the fish but like everything that actually catches fish, it is outlawed. Fair does, I also like using a similiar technic called the bubble float and fly. Something else which is outlawed because it catches fish. I was pleased to read an article from a guilly in Ireland who said this was his preferred method of catching salmon. I tend to agree with him. It's the most natural way a fly can be replicated and the takes are breath taking. I also like fly fishing the conventional way but I don't have my head up my arse and can see the merits of different methods.

Lets face it, fly fishing with intermediate and even floating lines is nothing more than lure fishing by a different name. It doesn't replicate a fly in the true sense of the word. All it replicates is something getting dragged through the water to attract a fish which someone has named a fly. So, for a fly fisherman to look down his nose at someone using lures is pathetic in my view. Stick to what you do and enjoy what you do and f**k the rest.

I love the way folk try and take the moral high ground on here. Instead of jumping down the guys throat, why not explain why such methods as a dead line aren't acceptable? As for people condemning poaching :rolleyes: this is where folk seem to think the word poaching means cruelty and using outlawed engines as a means of catching fish. Yes, gang poachers might use otter boards and nets to catch large quantities but thats because they only have a limited time to catch as many as they can, what would you use? Not all poachers are "professional" and aren't all trying to make a living from it. If you have fished a brook, pond, lake, loch or river throughout your life without first, asking permission to be there then your likely to have been poaching.

It doesn't even stop there, the method you fish can deem you as a poacher... If your wading and shuffle your feet for instance. if you use a worm in a fly only river but in the same river only a mile down the road its perfectly legal to do so. I used to do a lot of boarding on large lochs in Scotland to catch wild brown trout. Gasps of horror from the fly fisherman. It doesn't make it cruel for the fish but like everything that actually catches fish, it is outlawed. Fair does, I also like using a similiar technic called the bubble float and fly. Something else which is outlawed because it catches fish. I was pleased to read an article from a guilly in Ireland who said this was his preferred method of catching salmon. I tend to agree with him. It's the most natural way a fly can be replicated and the takes are breath taking. I also like fly fishing the conventional way but I don't have my head up my arse and can see the merits of different methods.

Lets face it, fly fishing with intermediate and even floating lines is nothing more than lure fishing by a different name. It doesn't replicate a fly in the true sense of the word. All it replicates is something getting dragged through the water to attract a fish which someone has named a fly. So, for a fly fisherman to look down his nose at someone using lures is pathetic in my view. Stick to what you do and enjoy what you do and f**k the rest.

WELL SAID BROTHER BUBBLE N FLYN 1MAGGOT INA FULL MOON FOR THE SEA TROUTS THE BIZ .LATER.

i dont think everyone were condoning poaching.. It was his lack of knowledge on how h was going to do it... Your descriptions to make the poaching rigs are spot on... You obviously know how to do it, why , when and where. Thats the real poaching...

What is your best poached fish...?

you mentioned sea trout, you had anything big? Love them, they are a secretive fish...

i dont think everyone were condoning poaching.. It was his lack of knowledge on how h was going to do it... Your descriptions to make the poaching rigs are spot on... You obviously know how to do it, why , when and where. Thats the real poaching...

you mentioned sea trout, you had anything big? Love them, they are a secretive fish...

BIGGEST S/T IVE HAD. I GOT IN THE OLD MULLET NET WAS 12 1/4 HAD LOADS UNDER USUALLY BEETWEEN 1 TO 7 HAD A FEW 8/9S ONLY GOT 13 THIS YR BIGGEST 6 1/2 REST WERE 2/4S ONLY GOT 3 GRILSE N FIVE SALMON BIGGEST 10.7 OTHER 4 WERE 6/8S WAY THE PURPLE SHRIMP .

HARD TO GET THEM NOW IT GETS HAMMERED ALL THE TIME. YOU MEET MORE GUYS DURING THE NIGHT THAN FISHING DURING THE DAY.BEEN ALOT OF WATER ASWELL .2 TOWNS UP RIVER HAD GOOD SEASONS.

Guest underdog

BIGGEST S/T IVE HAD. I GOT IN THE OLD MULLET NET WAS 12 1/4 HAD LOADS UNDER USUALLY BEETWEEN 1 TO 7 HAD A FEW 8/9S ONLY GOT 13 THIS YR BIGGEST 6 1/2 REST WERE 2/4S ONLY GOT 3 GRILSE N FIVE SALMON BIGGEST 10.7 OTHER 4 WERE 6/8S WAY THE PURPLE SHRIMP .

HARD TO GET THEM NOW IT GETS HAMMERED ALL THE TIME. YOU MEET MORE GUYS DURING THE NIGHT THAN FISHING DURING THE DAY.BEEN ALOT OF WATER ASWELL .2 TOWNS UP RIVER HAD GOOD SEASONS.

I caught a cracking sea trout from a sea loch, caught it on a lump of mackerel and a size 3/0... never had scales but it must have been close to 9lbs. Sea trout to me are the cream of the crop. Takes a special type of person to go after them in the real sense of the word as you find out trying to fish in total darkness.

Guest underdog

Dying prawns purple was the dogs bollocks. That was in the days when the only lures you really got were either tobys, meps and devon minnows. Still good lures but the flying condom has to be the lure of choice now, which to be fair, kind of replicates the old prawn lures.

ALL YOU CXXXS SHOULD BE ASHAMED YOUVE ALL DONE IT YOURSELFS. A WEE BOY WANTING TO LEARN

SHAME ON YOU .

GET A PEICE OF WOOD 2FT BY1 1/2 DRILL2 HOLES1IN FROM THE TOP 1IN FROM EITHER SIDE 2

GET A OLD COAT HANGER THE THICK WIRE TYPE AND STRAIGHTN IT FLAT HOOK THE ENDS THROUGH THE HOLES.NOW TAKE A RING OF ANY KEYRING AND SLIP IT ONTO YOUR COATHANGER THE RING SHOULD BE SLIDING THE FULL LENGTH OF YOUR BOARD.BEND AND ATTACH THE HOOKS OF YOUR WIRE TO YOUR BOARD MAKE IT SOLID

GET SOME SHEET LEAD9IN SQUARE.PUNCH 4 HOLES IN THE CORNERS.NOW FILL THE BATH WITH WATER DEEP.FIX THE LEAD TO BOTH SIDES OF YOUR BOARD.BEND IT SO IT IS EQUAL ON BOTH SIDES AND IS WEIGHTING YOUR BOARD DOWN.BY NOW 3/4 SHOULD BE UNDERWATER BUT STILL FLOATING IF NOT CUT SOME LEAD OFF TILL ITS PERFECT.THEN DRILL A HOLE 1FT MIDDLE OF YOUR BOARD 2IN IN ATTACH 50LB LINE 10FTLONG AND ATTACH 20 8LB CASTS WITH 10 WET FLYS N10 DRY FLYS.SORRY SON FORGOT GET 100M OF PARA CORD OR NYLIN STRING ANDPUT IT THROUGH YOUR SLIDING RING PULL LEFT YOUR BOARD WILL GO OUT /PULL RIGHT ITLL COME IN.

i loved reading your post 3turns, it certainly brings back memories when i lived in scotland, poaching the broonies with the otter board, it was a very productive method, another favourite method was the bubble and fly, most of the waters i fished back then were water board owned and very rarely if ever were they policed, i wonder if any of these methods are used very often these days, cheers......john

SHAME ON YOU .

i loved reading your post 3turns, it certainly brings back memories when i lived in scotland, poaching the broonies with the otter board, it was a very productive method, another favourite method was the bubble and fly, most of the waters i fished back then were water board owned and very rarely if ever were they policed, i wonder if any of these methods are used very often these days, cheers......john

JUST ME AND MY SONS JOHN AND EVEN THEY ARE LAZY .I STILL HAVE A GO WHEN I DO A BOLT FROM RAGG YOU ARSE.