Kenneling Dogs

Does any one have any tips on how i can start to kennel my 3 dogs that have been kept in the house for most of their lives?

The mrs has finally got the better of me and the kennels go up tomorrow. I am dredding it so any tips that might make the transition go a bit smoother would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Does any one have any tips on how i can start to kennel my 3 dogs that have been kept in the house for most of their lives?

The mrs has finally got the better of me and the kennels go up tomorrow. I am dredding it so any tips that might make the transition go a bit smoother would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

put the mrs in the kennels and keep the dogs in :thumbs:

Id do it in stages,house during the day,kennel at night.If it goes allright after a week id make the switch permanent.Cold nights are setting in so make sure they are all sleeping inside the kennel.They may become vocal till they settle into a new routine.

Thanks

Alex

poor poor dogs :( ....

doing the same myself right now,i have been leaving dogs in back garden for an hour or two at a time on warmer days and they,ve been no bother,once the kennels finished i,ll put them in the run with access to the shelter for short periods and gradually lenghten the time,as whippet lad says feed and give treats in the kennel, :thumbs:

There all different mate some settle straight away others never seem to get there i would just put them out day time and put a radio in the kennel should be ok then gradualy leave them out longer and longer they might settle right away. I never throw water on them and would say whatever you do dont dows a dog in cold water from a hose when the weathers turning never mind a dog thats used to the warmth of a house i can assure you the only thing that will come is at the least a very cold and frightend dog and more than likely vets bills for various obvious problems a wet dog in freezing conditions would encounter .

Kris

I'm in the same boat. My 4 month old pup lives in part of the conservatory which we've partitioned off. We were out for 2 hours on Sunday evening and came back to find she'd got over the partition and trashed the rest of the conservatory. So I'm in the process of sorting out some exterior accomodation for her. Today I bought a 6x4 shed from Homebase for £109 which with a bit of modification will be her kennel and tomorrow I'll get some run panels from the local timber merchant. Job done and half the price of a fancy all in one kennel/run. She'll still be inside with us when we're around but when we're not at least we know she's secure and not wrecking the place!

Putting three that know each other in the kennels at the same time may just work.As most time ,s it,s being left alone or put in with strange dog,s that upsets them.atb. Catcher:thumbs:

I have three ,all male, two are kennelled together ,but the older fella is on his own, they can see each other but not get together ,unless I am around.I don't leave three together , I think it's tempting fate, imo.

I'm in the same boat. My 4 month old pup lives in part of the conservatory which we've partitioned off. We were out for 2 hours on Sunday evening and came back to find she'd got over the partition and trashed the rest of the conservatory. So I'm in the process of sorting out some exterior accomodation for her. Today I bought a 6x4 shed from Homebase for £109 which with a bit of modification will be her kennel and tomorrow I'll get some run panels from the local timber merchant. Job done and half the price of a fancy all in one kennel/run. She'll still be inside with us when we're around but when we're not at least we know she's secure and not wrecking the place!

if the dogs likes to chew it will reduce the hombase shed to kindlers in days as they shite without strenthening ie screw ply onto the inside and put in a false floor with it bed box on. i bought a hombase shed and my old lab reduced it dutch barn status by the time she was 6mnts old. dont leave any of the interior wood acessible make it as smoth as possible inside so there is no edge for it to get ites teeth into. ply aint expensive but very necessary.

atb with the kennel

steve