Good afternoon's hunting

Nice one mate what are them racoons like. how hard are they?

Racoons can be really nasty, very dexterous , and a lot of body weight, these little fellas were around 25 lbs mark .

Hi mate, great photos...thanks for sharing...good luck with your dogs ...those stripe tailed ones look like they'd need a fair cut of a dog to sort them out...had a look on your website too mate ...superb photography there as well!!!all the best ...Paul

Coons aren't aggressive toward people or dogs unless they get rabid but they will put up quite a fight when cornered or run down and are forced to. My FIL had one try and drown his GSP during a persuit through water. Old boar climbed right on its head and tried to drown it. He (FIL) went in and had to separate them to save the GSP.

Nice one mate what are them racoons like. how hard are they?

Racoons can be really nasty, very dexterous , and a lot of body weight, these little fellas were around 25 lbs mark .

Hi mate, great photos...thanks for sharing...good luck with your dogs ...those stripe tailed ones look like they'd need a fair cut of a dog to sort them out...had a look on your website too mate ...superb photography there as well!!!all the best ...Paul

thanks for your kind words :thumbs:

Cheers for the information matey :thumbs: I bet the dogs get knocked about a bit before they figure out how to play that trick on them. Is it possible for a coon to kill a terrier? I'm guessing a lurcher would be too big but a terrier could get pretty wrapped up. I know you mentioned drowning but what about just physically? If your hunting coons a lot and regularly using antibiotics do you find you get any bacteria resistance or do the dogs themselves build up a resistance to the bacteria from the scratches? I might just take you up on that offer, been thinking of visiting canada for a while. :thumbs:

It is possible for a coon to kill a terrier, i havn't had it happen to me but have heard of lads its happened to, i do tend to switch the antibiotics around just to avoid that very problem.

like i said you'd be more than welcome to come for a holiday, its getting to the time of year when we start doing more barn work than earth work, in another month or so the ground will be frozen solid and its not much fun to dig in -25c, we do dig a bit in the winter if i have enough strong young digging help :laugh: but i find it more productive to get into alot of old disused hay barns, the terriers still get to work, it can somtimes be an hour or two by the time you move old bales around to get to them, so its still a good test of staying power, i'm sure someone will probably jump on me for that comment but i believe it true

Cheers for the information matey :thumbs: I bet the dogs get knocked about a bit before they figure out how to play that trick on them. Is it possible for a coon to kill a terrier? I'm guessing a lurcher would be too big but a terrier could get pretty wrapped up. I know you mentioned drowning but what about just physically? If your hunting coons a lot and regularly using antibiotics do you find you get any bacteria resistance or do the dogs themselves build up a resistance to the bacteria from the scratches? I might just take you up on that offer, been thinking of visiting canada for a while. :thumbs:

It is possible for a coon to kill a terrier, i havn't had it happen to me but have heard of lads its happened to, i do tend to switch the antibiotics around just to avoid that very problem.

like i said you'd be more than welcome to come for a holiday, its getting to the time of year when we start doing more barn work than earth work, in another month or so the ground will be frozen solid and its not much fun to dig in -25c, we do dig a bit in the winter if i have enough strong young digging help :laugh: but i find it more productive to get into alot of old disused hay barns, the terriers still get to work, it can somtimes be an hour or two by the time you move old bales around to get to them, so its still a good test of staying power, i'm sure someone will probably jump on me for that comment but i believe it true