Pictures of BEW

Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures of their Black Eyed Whites? im not talking about the light coloured silvers that sometimes get called BEW's - but true BEW's.

Also in general do they make good workers?

Cheers

Edited by nessie122

A true black eyed white isn't an Albino without red eyes! An Albino is a Ferret without colour pigmantation and their coat is usually yellowish not white. A black eyed white has the colour pigmant gene allowing it to have the white coat and the black eyes

As above we have 11 ferrets of all colours and eye colours and the colour has nothing what so ever to do with working ability

if you want good workers breed or buy from proven good workers even thats not 100% gauranteed but you have a much better chance of

getting good workers this way than looking at the colour

Dont want this turning into a discussion about colours not making a difference to the working ability of a ferret, I simply like the look of Black Eyed White ferrets & want to see a few pictures from the members that own BEW.

I was asking the question about the working ability because I have read on here that some of the rarer colour mutations were bred for colour & were'nt as good workers,

Anyway back to the toipic, out if interest, does anyone have any pictures of their BEW's?

post-46519-092975100 1288302178_thumb.jpg

post-46519-077452300 1288302353_thumb.jpg

post-46519-097247400 1288302367_thumb.jpg

not the best of pictures but heres my two vinnie and panda when i first got them at 6 and 8 weeks old, they are working just like my albinos and my poley colourd ones did at their age and are comeing on just fine, its not the colour its the time and effert put into them that makes a worker, u can pick up a none worker and get them to work just good as anyother with time spent on them.

ATB Danny

Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures of their Black Eyed Whites? im not talking about the light coloured silvers that sometimes get called BEW's - but true BEW's.

Also in general do they make good workers?

Cheers

It's interesting how sometimes you get silver kits in the same litter as polecats etc and then folk say that the polecat must be the better worker as the silver was bred just for color. Polecat etc ferrets can carry the silver gene or BEW gene.

Edited by Ideation

post-46519-092975100 1288302178_thumb.jpg

post-46519-077452300 1288302353_thumb.jpg

post-46519-097247400 1288302367_thumb.jpg

not the best of pictures but heres my two vinnie and panda when i first got them at 6 and 8 weeks old, they are working just like my albinos and my poley colourd ones did at their age and are comeing on just fine, its not the colour its the time and effert put into them that makes a worker, u can pick up a none worker and get them to work just good as anyother with time spent on them.

ATB Danny

whoah nice looking bews has gypsy bolted a few bugars yet