Border x Lakie

ive got a bitch pup about 12 months seen a few rats etc hopefully gonna be a good eart dog in time ... her dam was borderxlakie and her sire was a full lakie ... the mother i have seen work before she was killed and was a fantastic digging dog plenty of lungs always close to her quarry clever dog and never got smashed could be worked all week :) seen her stick to a fox for over 4 hours

Not to long ago any rough coated red or black and tan terrier was called a border X lakeland by a lot of people. Some of the best ever were of this type.

Sadly the border and the lakeland (along with the russell) have been very damaged by the money men. But good ones are still out there.

An old dog man was telling me today that the best digging terrier he ever had was a borderxlakie.

I was just wondering what people though of this cross and if anyone had an pictures?

Thanks

The good ones are verry verry few an fair between now, if they were that good every one would have them

Yes maybe few and far between now, but years a go they where the best digging dogs

when there was not many black uns about most blacks carry the blood of

border x lakie but crossed with a black un and being dominant colour

so more blacks

are thrown than the reds grizels ane black and tans so over the years blacks

have beccome the new border lakie

' timestamp='1288251043' post='1771316']

ive got a bitch pup about 12 months seen a few rats etc hopefully gonna be a good eart dog in time ... her dam was borderxlakie and her sire was a full lakie ... the mother i have seen work before she was killed and was a fantastic digging dog plenty of lungs always close to her quarry clever dog and never got smashed could be worked all week :) seen her stick to a fox for over 4 hours

Thats what I heard about them, sticking to it but never getting smashed so never in the vets and always working. Keep us all updated on your pups progress!