Forests in UK Getting The Chop

Seems like its not just Jobs cuts! some of out National forests are up for the slaughter next...

Forest Sell Off

It would be a great shame to see the decline of out ancient forests, although legistlation may change concerning these forests i dont think a mass " Fell " would be allowed to take place, im sure it would meet too much opposition.

Some of the trees in these woodlands are centuries if not more in age and an important part of our heritage.

Allowing a managed and selective thinning would be more appropriate, this wouldnt have much of an impact upon the diversity of the forests.

As far as some of the large coniferous woodlands are concerned i dont think it would be much of a shame to see a limited number go. Although they have amenity value the diversity of species using these coniferous woodlands is little.

Im not saying unimportant but if managed correctly may have little bearing on the consiquence to habitat.

Remember most of these plantations were grown for a commercial purpose. Its just that its cheaper to import our timber.

Uk forestry is on its knees and has been for a decade or two. Hopefully it would provide a boost to this industry, providing more employment and creating a decline in the ammount of timber we import from overseas.

I still think its imortant to replant.

If more holiday parks pop up then so be it, they will again provide more jobs and will have a duty to preserve a good ammount of trees, you cant advertise for a relaxing woodland break without acres of trees. They will be obliged to manage and preserve the trees they have.

IMO

I have it on good authority that HUGE forests and most of the woodlands owned by the Forestry Commission have ALREADY been sold - all sneaky quiet and underhand

I really don't know what to make of this world, and this government anymore, it makes me wonder what priorities are .... :no:

And then to find out Rooney is on £250,000 a week is just taking the p*** :censored:

OTC

Its time to make a stand against these corrupt f*****g governments, Conseravative , labour, libdem,

they are all ruled by the same master, no matter who gets in.

Vote BNP and save our country fom all this bollocks.....................

They have been selling the woods for years ,long gone are the times you would buy them for investment ,its mostly insurance companies that buy them and have the time to sit twenty, thirty years till the timber matures and they get there money back

Motherfuckers. How retarded do you have to be to not see that in todays world of massive ecological meltdown. . . . chopping down lots of trees is fairly retarded. As for golf courses and centerparcs. . . . . disgusting f*****g places. We're short of money? Then stop pissing billion upon billions of it away fighting wars no one gives a f**k about. It's a typical buerocratical move - go for the immediate gain and f**k the long term consequences, cos by the time anyone gets around to complaining it will already be done.

Nothing will change ,they will alway look good. only the ownership detail change. All uk woodland is protected, by sporting rights,heratage, or woodland commision. Very few will change,in looks ofr size. i think can only improve. Would you neglect you property like last governmemt did ?? No, i no think so.If you spend many £££££ you will take care of land, home, forest i think. :thumbs: Many woodland around here own private, they are very clean well kept , & most encourage wildlife to thrive, by food, & good fencing , & prune.No be fooled you can do what you wish , becas you buy :laugh:

Nothing will change ,they will alway look good. only the ownership detail change. All uk woodland is protected, by sporting rights,heratage, or woodland commision. Very few will change,in looks ofr size. i think can only improve. Would you neglect you property like last governmemt did ?? No, i no think so.If you spend many £££££ you will take care of land, home, forest i think. :thumbs: Many woodland around here own private, they are very clean well kept , & most encourage wildlife to thrive, by food, & good fencing , & prune.No be fooled you can do what you wish , becas you buy :laugh:

Private Individual - maybe not do what wish because buy.

Big Company - do whatever f*****g like and if problem pop up. . . . . bury problem in money.

They have been selling the woods for years ,long gone are the times you would buy them for investment ,its mostly insurance companies that buy them and have the time to sit twenty, thirty years till the timber matures and they get there money back

I see nothing wrong with that as long as they have re-planting programmes in places, (which there are grants for).

Otherwise there is no incentive for most that could afford to buy forestry.

Edited by GD Waz

I get the impresion that some of these Forests will be downed! weather they will replant or not who knows but the way they keep drilling into us about lack of houseing who's betting that some Forests won't end up as Houseing estates?

seen it done with some small Plantations in Norfolk where we used to play and shoot as kids, its now full of terraced houses :thumbdown:......

"No, i no think so.If you spend many £££££ you will take care of land, home, forest i think. :thumbs: Many woodland around here own private, they are very clean well kept"

quickly followed by private land signs all over the place.these forests belong to the people of this country and no government has the right to sell them off for short term gain.of course that won't stop them from doing it,but once its gone its gone forever.makes me sick. :angry:

Farmers ,estate owner & goverments has been selling all land /forest/wood for years, to build more houses for the people the great uk welcome.More road for car to drive, many more land disapear. On such small Island, i no suprise if it sink under the weight !! 70+ million people. :icon_eek: All need place to live, drive & work.