Ferreting tommorrow

Ive just loaded up the car to go ferreting tomorrow just the ferrets and the piece to put in it and go .Only going because i got a phone call asking me to control the rabbits its 80 miles away 1 hour 41 minutes away mad or what ? always worth a gamble though could turn out to be a good piece of permission. Its just all the extra stuff you have to lug with you in case anything packs in .

my nearest permission is an hours drive and the farest is two hours mate. its worth it not to be looking over your shoulder all the time. so long as you get a few and have a good day thats what its all about. :thumbs:

Aye i like a gamble its the second spade ,im taking two boxes and eight collars for the ferrets and a spare box spare collars spare batteries and just about spare every thing else even taking a lamp in case i get a dig or problems late on ,Where do i stop LOL ? .

Am I lucky or what? I live in rural Ireland and travelled two miles today to a farm I never humted before. Met the farmer who I know well and had 14 rabbits by dinner time. Now he wants me to lamp it at night with my two lurchers. Rabbits everywhere around here thank God!

Am I lucky or what? I live in rural Ireland and travelled two miles today to a farm I never humted before. Met the farmer who I know well and had 14 rabbits by dinner time. Now he wants me to lamp it at night with my two lurchers. Rabbits everywhere around here thank God!

I have land just up the road and some where work i have land from right on my door step to 1hr away and lots between I just fancy a change and I'm lucky to have it all some have none

Well with the car loaded up we set off yesterday a hour and fifty doubt filled minutes later we pulled in to the permission only to be welcomed by all the rabbits sitting in her drive (i nearly ran one over till it bolted ). We did the first burrow in front of her house under huge rose bush's and got five and lost three and now im thinking im in the promised land. The next set were netting up and a rabbit bolts before we get them all netted up :icon_eek:.The third set i lifted a net put the ferret in and before i dropped the net down a rabbit was out ran over my foot and away :icon_eek:. The cover was too heavy to do much serious ferreting but we had a great day got 20 missed the same again when we can get access to the burrows we are definatly going back.

The first burrow we did was on the boundry fence so i went to ask the guy if i could net up his side ,to be told somebody comes up with 16 ferrets and shot 200 rabbits but to crack on as there was plenty .

At the other side of her ground i went to ask a differnt farmer if i could net up both sides of the fence again no a problem help yourself ,wev'e got somebody that does the rabbits but theres plenty to go round . And as i looked at the burrows across his fields and saw the rabbits sitting out sunning themselves never was a truer word spoken there was 100's of them ..

Thats a major result mate. Managed to get another ferreting permission 20 mins from my house yesterday. Not major numbers but a decent amount and will provide a good few days ferreting at least.

Also got some ferals to go at with the air rifle as well.

Heading up with the ferrets on Saturday, first time out this season

John

Well with the car loaded up we set off yesterday a hour and fifty doubt filled minutes later we pulled in to the permission only to be welcomed by all the rabbits sitting in her drive (i nearly ran one over till it bolted ). We did the first burrow in front of her house under huge rose bush's and got five and lost three and now im thinking im in the promised land. The next set were netting up and a rabbit bolts before we get them all netted up :icon_eek:.The third set i lifted a net put the ferret in and before i dropped the net down a rabbit was out ran over my foot and away :icon_eek:. The cover was too heavy to do much serious ferreting but we had a great day got 20 missed the same again when we can get access to the burrows we are definatly going back.

The first burrow we did was on the boundry fence so i went to ask the guy if i could net up his side ,to be told somebody comes up with 16 ferrets and shot 200 rabbits but to crack on as there was plenty .

At the other side of her ground i went to ask a differnt farmer if i could net up both sides of the fence again no a problem help yourself ,wev'e got somebody that does the rabbits but theres plenty to go round . And as i looked at the burrows across his fields and saw the rabbits sitting out sunning themselves never was a truer word spoken there was 100's of them ..