maybe i should know better .???

Been taking the pup Tod to the small farm, now for 3 weeks where they have sheep+cattle. Now he is 12 weeks old, he is starting to take a bit (interest) in them. No prob i thought as Bryn is 100% with Stock(sheep,cattle,horses), it should be easy with Bryn there, as he dont even look at them Great. Got Tod on my left side on the lead, walking to the sheep, Bryn is loose about a couple yards to my left aswell. Yes you are right, all Tod wants to do is feck about with Bryn >:(. So i thought no prob, i will get Bryn to walk behind me or to my right, wrong the think animal kept walking to my left >:(. Itried 8 times to get him switch to the right no way, getting very angry now >:(So i had to tie him to the fence, why i walked Tod by the sheep. either i am thick, or this colliex is prob me. ;D But to be honest i did think it would be ok with a mature dog and pup.Maybe as above (i should know better..??

Been taking the pup Tod to the small farm, now for 3 weeks where they have sheep+cattle. Now he is 12 weeks old, he is starting to take a bit (interest) in them. No prob i thought as Bryn is 100% with Stock(sheep,cattle,horses), it should be easy with Bryn there, as he dont even look at them Great. Got Tod on my left side on the lead, walking to the sheep, Bryn is loose about a couple yards to my left aswell. Yes you are right, all Tod wants to do is feck about with Bryn >:(. So i thought no prob, i will get Bryn to walk behind me or to my right, wrong the think animal kept walking to my left >:(. Itried 8 times to get him switch to the right no way, getting very angry now >:(So i had to tie him to the fence, why i walked Tod by the sheep. either i am thick, or this colliex is prob me. ;D But to be honest i did think it would be ok with a mature dog and pup.Maybe as above (i should know better..??

You will know your self getting angry with the dog will solve nothing, patiance and time is key...did you try walking the pup on your right and keeping Bryn on your left...is it the left side Bryn always walk with you??

I would just do one on one with the pup.Then there are no distracions for the pup or your self.

You will know your self getting angry with the dog will solve nothing, patiance and time is key...did you try walking the pup on your right and keeping Bryn on your left...is it the left side Bryn always walk with you??

I would just do one on one with the pup.Then there are no distracions for the pup or your self.

you are right mate, i just tried it, but it will have to be a one to one from now on :thumbs:

you are right mate, i just tried it, but it will have to be a one to one from now on :thumbs:

Hi bird i find one to one works better with young dogs.As they get distracted to easy.:thumbs:

one to one works better although in saying that my terrier (which i havent had since pup but since around 9mths of age)when out without the big dogs just wants to chase livestock which is a big no no, but with the lurchers who are stock broken just follows suit and pays no attention, i guess they take her attention away?

Do you always walk the older dog on that side, do you always keep it that side when lamping, if so its all the dog Knows mate, i always alternate the sides so the dogs aint bothered which side they walk. Good Luck. WR.

i have never had a problem with taking a pup out with a big dog or another pup you will be able to call it off at that age if it does try thats what i would just do you cant stock break a dog on the lead alone you need to let it off and resist them off the lead thats just how i do it but good luck whatever you end up doing at least your putting the time in young some people just take them out when they get to about 9 month when it is alot harder train thats one reason dogs get passed about

i have never had a problem with taking a pup out with a big dog or another pup you will be able to call it off at that age if it does try thats what i would just do you cant stock break a dog on the lead alone you need to let it off and resist them off the lead thats just how i do it but good luck whatever you end up doing at least your putting the time in young some people just take them out when they get to about 9 month when it is alot harder train thats one reason dogs get passed about

For the first few weeks i keep them on the lead.Watch there attitude.If its good then they are allowed of it.:thumbs:

For the first few weeks i keep them on the lead.Watch there attitude.If its good then they are allowed of it.:thumbs:

Took this pic in 95.Four month old.Fair play Its not sheep.But sometimes older dogs will attack out of fear.So i like to stock brake them young.:thumbs:

I bet you always hold your lamp in your right hand and have Bryn walking on your left. If you always heel your dog to the same side it gets sort of "stuck" there.