pure bull

I have a 95lb AB, closest thing to a PBT legally here in uk, he can catch rabbits, fox and squirrels and rats. Might not have the sucess rate of other breeds but he is never intenionally worked in this way but can still catch and dispatch. A pure pbt would be very similar i am sure.

As for APBT being dangerous to own, in the wrong hands yes, but so are motor cars, kitche knives ect. The reason they are banned is due to the polictical climate of the time and irresponsible owners buying scatterbred dogs who were never tested in any way and, as has been th case with the ab, the yanks selling shit over to here which meant the dogs were f****d in the first place. Research before making such posts Matt? For the record I am an AB judge and can assure you that this similar breed are difficult to keep together but not impossible, usually, like theapbt they are people friendly.

Rob

how has your bulldog caught rabbits, foxes and squirrels mate? sounds abit far fetched to me... i can believe it would despatch them all with relative ease, but lets remember that wily charlie often outsmarts even good lurchers...

that said, my gundog bitch catches them, but only because she charges through cover harder than them ~ i cant imagine an am bull getting through that quick...

you got any pics?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

matt_hooks im actually in shock that someone who has enough interest in dogs to be on a forum is such a thick b*****d to make such a statement. Pitbulls are banned because c**ts like you make them sou

Certainly to big for earthwork but he may have his uses.. Nice dog.. ..... Pa

the fact is though that working 'bull terriers' are usually dog aggressive,thats the way it is and the way it should be.

Posted Images

A proper fit fighting pit is meant ton last extensive periods in the pit. I would say the dogo is a dog more suited for the chase but could it last hours with another dog of same weight, I dont know bulls are my thing staff, english, pits whatever but another opinion form some one who has worked a dogo is more valuble than some one who has read a web-page or seen a picture in a book atb sam

A match went 6 hours 58 minutes in the former yougoslavia about 2 years ago

-i dont think theres many dogs that would match a pit for endurance.

id say the dogo/running dog cross would be some operater on large game allright though.Theres a litter of dogos for sale on olx.ie at the moment.

A proper fit fighting pit is meant ton last extensive periods in the pit. I would say the dogo is a dog more suited for the chase but could it last hours with another dog of same weight, I dont know bulls are my thing staff, english, pits whatever but another opinion form some one who has worked a dogo is more valuble than some one who has read a web-page or seen a picture in a book atb sam

maybe a reason why the majority of people favour the pitt, not saying that there aint any good working dogos out there as am sure there is just at this current time the pitt is easyer to come by, , samstrom get that staff out mate, grab the lamp and get on it mate, :thumbs:

Oh I plan to mate dont worry bout that haha atb

What the hell is out there lurking in the British countryside to warrant using such dogs ?

Using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut, if you ask me.

lmfao good reply, for me its not the size of the dog just the character and the general way of the breed i like, plus what they have to give in other areas except hunting, and i dont mean a cock extension either, :thumbs:

they make road legal cars that do 180mph plus but the legal road limit is much less, :thumbs:

maybe a reason why the majority of people favour the pitt, not saying that there aint any good working dogos out there as am sure there is just at this current time the pitt is easyer to come by, , samstrom get that staff out mate, grab the lamp and get on it mate, :thumbs:

no rush then mate, :tongue2:

the nights are dark wet and widy for a reason :thumbs:

She just came out of season mate, al get her working well dont worry bout that haha got the best of advice of you mate dont worry in learn from what you say,

no rush then mate, :tongue2:

the nights are dark wet and widy for a reason :thumbs:

Them DOGOS are unreal, an i doubt a true ARGENTINIO DOGO will ever step foot on these shores an people that say they have one i would probly be talkin bubbles. An if they did end up over here there would be ALOT OF SHITE ABOUT just as there is with the PITBULLS now. I havnt seen a decent pit for a while an the last ones i seen where owned by lads in BOLTON who enjoyed makin money from them. Me personally think there a waste of time if your gettin a pure pit bull for hunting in england they are a TROPHY DOG in this country nothin more. .

I have a 95lb AB, closest thing to a PBT legally here in uk, he can catch rabbits, fox and squirrels and rats. Might not have the sucess rate of other breeds but he is never intenionally worked in this way but can still catch and dispatch. A pure pbt would be very similar i am sure.

As for APBT being dangerous to own, in the wrong hands yes, but so are motor cars, kitche knives ect. The reason they are banned is due to the polictical climate of the time and irresponsible owners buying scatterbred dogs who were never tested in any way and, as has been th case with the ab, the yanks selling shit over to here which meant the dogs were f****d in the first place. Research before making such posts Matt? For the record I am an AB judge and can assure you that this similar breed are difficult to keep together but not impossible, usually, like theapbt they are people friendly.

Rob

how has your bulldog caught rabbits, foxes and squirrels mate? sounds abit far fetched to me... i can believe it would despatch them all with relative ease, but lets remember that wily charlie often outsmarts even good lurchers...

that said, my gundog bitch catches them, but only because she charges through cover harder than them ~ i cant imagine an am bull getting through that quick...

you got any pics?

I understand your skeptisim but believe what you will. Rabbits numerous rabbits caught in the mendips, where i used to live and ran him in a reserve called velvet bottom (clues in the name?) at the top of cheddar gorge. The bristol lads will know it i m sure. The place is over run with rabbits so him catching these early in the morning is nothing special. Fox he caught cold in the middle of a field in Longbridge at dusk, when i had returned to Bham for a couple of years, fox made it to a large backthorn bush and wrongly assumed my bulldog would stop at the edge. Bulldog went through the brush and destroyed the fox. Sqirrels he has caught between trees etc in fields and woods where i shoot. Rats he has destroyed live traps in garden to get them free then dispatched.

As i said he was never intentionally worked in this way hence why no photographs but I am not on here to state that the AB is a good working breed for this tye of work, some are like mine, very prey driven. He shows no interest in weight pulling or OB work as it tends to bore him, but show him something furry he can chase and kill and he will, including a lambing ewe at 9 months which put pay to his free running in the mendips. (£95, a shit load of grief from farmer and a warning from Cheddar police!) Being honest there is nothing currently large enough to test an ab in the uk, unless the wild boar become more prolific.

At the end of the day my dog is very good AB and he can catch but if thats what i wanted a dog for i would choose a purpose bred dog. But even purpose bred dogs can produce crappers so it's the individual dog and not necesisarily the breed that will determine success.

id still say am bulls are closer to am staffs then pitbulls, and yes im aware they are practically the same breed but with the key difference am staffs are show dogs whereas pits are working dogs, as far as workin am bulls goes im yet to see one with impressive drive or stamina, maybe cos all the ones i see are status symbols?

id still say am bulls are closer to am staffs then pitbulls, and yes im aware they are practically the same breed but with the key difference am staffs are show dogs whereas pits are working dogs, as far as workin am bulls goes im yet to see one with impressive drive or stamina, maybe cos all the ones i see are status symbols?

The vast majority of Am Bulls are just that and therein lies the rub...shit stck sold by yanks to puppy peddlars who hype the breed up as drug dealers dog of choice and hey presto, more shit examples on street corners, which get bred.

There are some very good ab's about you just need to know who has them. They dont often breed and they are fussy who they go to. :whistling:

Them DOGOS are unreal, an i doubt a true ARGENTINIO DOGO will ever step foot on these shores an people that say they have one i would probly be talkin bubbles. An if they did end up over here there would be ALOT OF SHITE ABOUT just as there is with the PITBULLS now. I havnt seen a decent pit for a while an the last ones i seen where owned by lads in BOLTON who enjoyed makin money from them. Me personally think there a waste of time if your gettin a pure pit bull for hunting in england they are a TROPHY DOG in this country nothin more. .

http://portlaoighise.olx.ie/argentinian-mastiff-pups-iid-132722913

• Like 1

Theres one for sale on e-pupz

Under mastiff

Mick..