anyone got any good rabbit recipies?

• 3 weeks later...

also i find it a bit bland so if anyone has any ideas on how to spice it up a bit thanks

I quite enjoy experimenting with Rabbit. strip the meat from the rabbit and cut into pieces, heat some oil garlic and butter up in a wok an add the meat or if you want to add some spice to it, curry paste use a scoop and marinade the rabbit init, bout 30mins later quickly fry the meat so its cooked all the way through and put into tortila wraps!

Boil rabbit strip off bone, chop an onion, garlic fry them in olive oil season with salt and pepper. Add 1 bottle of cider and a cup of cream very slowly simmer until reduced. I sometimes add tomato purée to add additional flavour but that's to taste. Enjoy...

For a simple but tasty casserole/stew, cook 2 rabbits with a large onion in either slow cooker or pressure cooker, when cooked remove meat from the bones and put it back in with the stock, add an oxo cube, carrots, swede, diced potatoes and any other veg of your choice, cook till the veg is done - beautiful!

I did a casserole like this last week and also added some venison that was left over from sunday lunch :thumbs: .

:notworthy: some good recipies there lads :thumbs:

Dont think you will ever beat a good rabbit stew warms the cockles when youve been out and about :victory:

Chasseur or white wine and cream sauce are deffo worth a go anything you can do with chicken you can do with rabbit tried variious recipies they were two of the best after rabbit pie and rabbit stew :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crobinc840

Similar to the stew you can put half a jar of curry sauce in the water and when the bones are removed mix the meat with veggies and the rest of the curry sauce for a tender tasty rabbit curry. My sons all asked for seconds. :thumbs: