has any 1 had or knows or have seen work

Guest deerhound hunter

A lad on here had a 1st cross Airedale/Grey, that i saw at work, we were out all day in some shit weather, and we got thoroughly soaked and bloody cold, the dog with it`s inherited Airedale coat was fine,!!!

It was a useful dog to have around on a dig too, sadly he does`nt have the dog anymore

I have been lucky enough to get one of Skycats pups, A 1st cross Airedale, right now she is only 11 weeks old but i`me impressed,

Already she has sussed Sit, Stay, retreiving is coming on great and no problems walking on a lead,

She has endless energy and is happily destroying my lawn as i type,

She will have two good mentors in my Bull crosses so fingers crossed.... :victory:

Like you say deerhound hunter yours on has a dash of Airedale but from what i`ve seen of this cross it should`nt bring anything detrimental to your pup...

Mars..

The coat is a double edged sword though,i was watching a half cross run the weekend,first night was cool,but the second although windy was mild,and the dog was getting warm.I would say that unless you were in a very cold part of the country,the coat would be a disadvantage,most of the time.

I tend to agree to some extent with you weasle,.... :yes:

Though that could be said of almost any breed, My own Now ageing Bull X will seek out a pond or stream when out lamping some nights,

So I.M.O. not just a problem for rough coated breeds...

Of course,but if a smooth coat and heavy rough coat are run together,you do see the differance,I like the broken coats,but i do think a good short coat makes more sense.I have also seen half cross with short coats.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as the above says, as i have a 9 month old pup with airedale in it,it was the sire that had in it ,bull x airedale grey,the sire was a dog called cob from scotland ,i,ve spoke to a few lads of here that knows the dog and has seen it work ,i was told it was out the pie lines,not to go much about that..lol..lol,just wondering if has seen or owns 1 how they in a lurcher mix,not done much with pup just a bit ferreting and abit stockbreaking.any pics would be nice ...thanks for reading it ......cheers....dh

ive seen lots of they crosses up this way bull grey airdale grey very very popular up this way for a reason.nb hink ive seen the dog u talking abt work if same dog then your pup will do exactly what it says on the tin lol.was it from fife and fawn coloured?

Guest deerhound hunter

yes mate i think was from fife alad of this website has told alot about the dog ...bluestaffy ,the dog has ment to its job in it time ,a lad down here has it now ,i think its doing bits and pieces

he has a look of his father, and grandfather, i should have some pics of cob somewhere, i will post them if i can find it on memory card, i would take everything that blue staffy has to say about him as the truth, I know the owner and the guy that had cob originaly and both are 100% genuine, theres not much blue staffy doesnt know about this line, In my honest opinion it was one of the most honest and trustworthy dog i have ever had the pleasure of seeing working, if your pup turns out to be half the dog his father was you are in for alot of fun, GOOD LUCK with your pup DV

Guest deerhound hunter

cheers dv i keep here good thing about cob ,just a pity that he was only pup that survived out of my litter,i.m glad i,ve the opporutity to see the dog in the flesh and actually take a pup from the big guy,if any of yous lads up their every want a free stud of my pup in the future i would be honed ,if the pup makes the grade ,so the lines are not gone,unless their lines are still up their,my bitch is quite a handy bitch she is a bull x deerhound grey ,racey type bull ,very steady dog,

Edited by deerhound hunter

If you dont mind me asking mate, do you no who owns the half x bitch that was put back to laddy as a kid i no also has a bitch from him and a half x bitch, hes pup is around 15 months old ?

Luke.

a chocolate bitch called coco owned by tallyboy off this site , laddie was my dog i gave him to the boy that has him now

Guest deerhound hunter

if your pup makes the grade i could be interested in using him on my bitch she is off laddie owned by same boy that now has cob and a 1st x bitch from down your way

no botha b.s just hope he makes the grade,he have best chance as i,ve never let any of my dogs down ,all my dogs has allways made the grade so i,m sure that we,ll meet in person 1 day ..atb....dh

Edited by deerhound hunter
Guest deerhound hunter

If you dont mind me asking mate, do you no who owns the half x bitch that was put back to laddy as a kid i no also has a bitch from him and a half x bitch, hes pup is around 15 months old ?

Luke.

who,s has that dog luke