has any 1 had or knows or have seen work

Guest deerhound hunter

Guest deerhound hunter

as the above says, as i have a 9 month old pup with airedale in it,it was the sire that had in it ,bull x airedale grey,the sire was a dog called cob from scotland ,i,ve spoke to a few lads of here that knows the dog and has seen it work ,i was told it was out the pie lines,not to go much about that..lol..lol,just wondering if has seen or owns 1 how they in a lurcher mix,not done much with pup just a bit ferreting and abit stockbreaking.any pics would be nice ...thanks for reading it ......cheers....dh

Edited by deerhound hunter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i new somebody who brought a 13month old airedale greyhond i lamped the dog a few times it seemed to have a amaizing nose but wasnt over blessed with bottle or brain perhaps thats why it was sold to the lad i new. thats my experience but its only based on one dog. atb trigger

Edited by Trigger
Guest deerhound hunter

do,nt think it got that much airedale in it sires father was 5/8 3/8 and the sires mother was a bullxairedale grey,and then x it with my bull x deerhound grey,i,ll but a few pics up

I have a family tree somewhere from gran parent and great gran parents down to cob which my dog is also bred from, she must of been from a different litter as she is 3ish maybe going on 4 i cant be sure, i spoke to the lad off here that told me everything about the family and gran parents with pictures etc! Ill try to find it but no promises as i may have deleted the pm was a while since we spoke!

My bitch

post-41336-059367300 1286816125_thumb.jpg

post-41336-069363300 1286816205_thumb.jpg

Edited by genuine

A lad on here had a 1st cross Airedale/Grey, that i saw at work, we were out all day in some shit weather, and we got thoroughly soaked and bloody cold, the dog with it`s inherited Airedale coat was fine,!!!

It was a useful dog to have around on a dig too, sadly he does`nt have the dog anymore

I have been lucky enough to get one of Skycats pups, A 1st cross Airedale, right now she is only 11 weeks old but i`me impressed,

Already she has sussed Sit, Stay, retreiving is coming on great and no problems walking on a lead,

She has endless energy and is happily destroying my lawn as i type,

She will have two good mentors in my Bull crosses so fingers crossed.... :victory:

Like you say deerhound hunter yours on has a dash of Airedale but from what i`ve seen of this cross it should`nt bring anything detrimental to your pup...

Mars..

I've also got one of Skycat's Airedale crosses, I agree with you Mars, mine sits & stays, recalls well & retrieves just about anything. I started to teach her the down & she picked it up after 4 repetitions, the last dog I had that was that quick on the uptake was my old gsd from real sheepherding stock from Germany. Mine has taken after her dam in looks & I have high hopes for her.

Guest deerhound hunter

I have a family tree somewhere from gran parent and great gran parents down to cob which my dog is also bred from, she must of been from a different litter as she is 3ish maybe going on 4 i cant be sure, i spoke to the lad off here that told me everything about the family and gran parents with pictures etc! Ill try to find it but no promises as i may have deleted the pm was a while since we spoke!

My bitch

i spoke to lad of here who told all about cob and his parents gus and thistle ,,think his name blue staffy {kidda} from scotland, did you use of a lad from s/land p***y

I've also got one of Skycat's Airedale crosses, I agree with you Mars, mine sits & stays, recalls well & retrieves just about anything. I started to teach her the down & she picked it up after 4 repetitions, the last dog I had that was that quick on the uptake was my old gsd from real sheepherding stock from Germany. Mine has taken after her dam in looks & I have high hopes for her.

Mine to has the look of an Airedale in her head... :D Although i`me begining to to think that mine must be part mole, going by how my garden looks.... :laugh:

Keep in touch it will be good to see how each others pups get on...

Yis Mars..